New member and owner of pioneer 1000

E

ElbowDeep

Apr 19, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think it was drowned. Thats why it was locked up. Hydrolocked. It currently has 25 inch tires on it. It was a repo so they probably took the good ones off and put them on something they were not giving back to honda finance. I already have a brand new set of canam wheels and 28 inch tires to go on it. It came from florida. Someone bought it from an auction and looked later at paperwork and figured out it didnt run. I knew it was going to be a project. The worst part is the parts the previous owner left off because they decided not to fix it that are probably in someones garage corner. It has just over 1k miles on it. Its just been something im trying to get together.

Reactions: Ridinfool and TimG
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome from Ga. Forum has the best minds around to get you going. Wishing you success on the rebuild.

E

ElbowDeep

Apr 19, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just an update on this mess... Finally got all the parts to put it back together. Put new rod bearings and rings in it since i had it apart anyways. 1 new rod... Got the engine in today and heard my pioneer run for the first time. Maybe one day soon ill be able to ride it for the first time lol. Gonna put some more of it back together tomorrow. I see right now that the gear selector shows a dash. Idk if i havent connected something yet, or if something needs adjusted. Also the battery needed jumped so im charging that as well.

20200605 191000 HDR 20200605 205004 HDR 20200605 191011 HDR

E

ElbowDeep

Apr 19, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have to figure out how to get the weird lug nuts off to put my 28s on... And i also have yo get a top for sure... Then maybe it will be time.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!