New member from SC

ranchdad

ranchdad

Sep 24, 2022
Upstate SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tell us about the breakdown - did the parts fail in normal use or did you crash into something?
I was going ~20 through the woods and clipped the face of a downed log that was semi-hidden in some undergrowth. Terrabyte tire bounced up and we rolled to the edge of a ravine. Praise God no injuries!

Used a come-along to flip it back over, couple of ratchet straps to keep the wheel components from snapping off and then drug it out of there with a truck and a winch

Not sure if anything failed, I think it's fair to chalk this one up as an operator error. No issues up to this point and I'm not one to baby my vehicles lol

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well sure glad no one was injured. Your pocketbook will recover, thankfully! You have come to the right place to keep that buggy up and going! Lotta good folks here!
Hurry up an get 'er fixed! Gonna be huntin' season real soon and you need to be able to get back in da woods!! 👍 😉:)

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
New to the SxS game. 2018 P1000-5 I bought in Feb, stumbled on this forum looking for ball joint repair info and it seems like a great community

I'll include some pics of the recovery/repair. From what I can tell 2 busted ball joints and the upper A-arm broke off the chassis. Parts ordered

If anyone has suggestions of hidden issues I should check for or repair tips, lmk!

Edit: the pic I took was right off the trailer, the jack stands are now at the appropriate lift points

View attachment 355614 View attachment 355615 View attachment 355616 View attachment 355617
Welcome from NW Louisiana.

#NTC

Reactions: Smittyp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!