New member learning, 1000-5 Deluxe ships 3/30

showme69

showme69

Dec 25, 2020
Washington, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I joined Honda Side by Side last year as I was researching and have a 1000-5 Deluxe being shipped 3/30. I've been doing a LOT of reading and ordering. My wife keeps asking, what did you order now, when another package or two arrive at the house. I ordered the OEM roof and the dealer will have that on when I pick it up. I already have a winch, light bar/cubes, bed mat, mirrors, tie down system for the trailer(still need to purchase the trailer, lol), switch panel, roll bar grab handles, slow moving vehicle sign and a few other minor items including the HondaSxS key on power harness. I plan to add a second battery and that's one thing I've been reading a lot about. I can do wiring with instructions but far from an expert. I'll be asking questions eventually and have friends who have offered to help too. From what I've seen you all have a great club and website here. Thanks for all the info I've gotten so far.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I joined Honda Side by Side last year as I was researching and have a 1000-5 Deluxe being shipped 3/30. I've been doing a LOT of reading and ordering. My wife keeps asking, what did you order now, when another package or two arrive at the house. I ordered the OEM roof and the dealer will have that on when I pick it up. I already have a winch, light bar/cubes, bed mat, mirrors, tie down system for the trailer(still need to purchase the trailer, lol), switch panel, roll bar grab handles, slow moving vehicle sign and a few other minor items including the HondaSxS key on power harness. I plan to add a second battery and that's one thing I've been reading a lot about. I can do wiring with instructions but far from an expert. I'll be asking questions eventually and have friends who have offered to help too. From what I've seen you all have a great club and website here. Thanks for all the info I've gotten so far.
Welcome to the club, always great to see another Missouri owner on here. Here’s my build thread. It should help you along the way.

https://hondasxs.com/threads/russ989’s-trifecta-build.19763/

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from NW Louisiana. Slow moving vehicle sign?

#NTC

showme69

showme69

Dec 25, 2020
Washington, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from southern Ohio! As long as you have a SxS your wife is going to keep wondering what all these boxes are showing up! Enjoy it! Pics or it didn’t happen!

#NTC
Lol. Well here's the first pics, the ones the wife keeps texting to me at work, asking what I ordered.

IMG 2397 IMG 2398 IMG 2399 IMG 2400

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The orange triangle. We will be on rides that utilize gravel roads, county roads, etc. and we camp with our friends at a place called Gascony Village on the Gasconade River where they require it when driving on their roads.

View attachment 256490
I’d buy a Honda quick clamp for that, makes it easy to take off when not in use.

showme69

showme69

Dec 25, 2020
Washington, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You should follow Russ for build ideas and hacks. He's real good at spending your money too........I mean his money, his money!! 😂😂😂
I'm currently making my way through his Trifecta build post. I still have 6 weeks before mine will be here so plenty of time to fill the brain with knowledge and empty the wallet ordering must have add ons.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!