P1000 New owner questions

WhitJo

WhitJo

Supporting Member
Jul 13, 2018
Mtns of East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got a 2016 1000-5 Deluxe..... 29 hrs...175 miles........being new to these SXS machines....I have no idea which noises are normal and which are not....so far I have been using turf mostly just riding around but I have used all of them just to see how they perform. My question is....when it shifts....there seems to be a definite clunking sound as it up shifts through the gears....is this normal?

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just got a 2016 1000-5 Deluxe..... 29 hrs...175 miles........being new to these SXS machines....I have no idea which noises are normal and which are not....so far I have been using turf mostly just riding around but I have used all of them just to see how they perform. My question is....when it shifts....there seems to be a definite clunking sound as it up shifts through the gears....is this normal?
Just a solenoid it's normal

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

It should have had its first service and oil change. My '16 was quite noisy at first too but after the first oil change and a few more miles, a lot of the noise has quieted down. Get out and ride.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhitJo

WhitJo

Supporting Member
Jul 13, 2018
Mtns of East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It should have had its first service and oil change. My '16 was quite noisy at first too but after the first oil change and a few more miles, a lot of the noise has quieted down. Get out and ride.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for the reply.....I figured it was solenoid noise.....I'm not sure about the oil change......but I have ordered a filter and oil....I always do this on anything I buy used....that way I know it's been done....

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has it had all the updates done like the clutch cover and the muffler heat shield and the cabin confront kit done the clutch update will make a big difference in how your machine shifts

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks so much for the reply.....I figured it was solenoid noise.....I'm not sure about the oil change......but I have ordered a filter and oil....I always do this on anything I buy used....that way I know it's been done....
Make sure you read through the 1000 oil change thread on here! It will save you some confusion and keep some oil off the skid plates and floor.

WhitJo

WhitJo

Supporting Member
Jul 13, 2018
Mtns of East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has it had all the updates done like the clutch cover and the muffler heat shield and the cabin confront kit done the clutch update will make a big difference in how your machine shifts
I called the dealer where it was purchased and talked to the service guy...he said there were no recalls listed on it according to the VIN number...is there another resource for checking the status...sometimes I just don't trust the dealership....

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
There are threads on here that discuss all these items in detail. If you read through them you should be able to verify if they have been done to your ride.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The dealer should be able to tell you if the updates have done and like the threads says if it's a 2016 then the updates need to be done some dealers you have to stay after them to get the right answer so keep after them and get the updates done if they are not already done

WhitJo

WhitJo

Supporting Member
Jul 13, 2018
Mtns of East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!