BOX1

P1000 New P1000-5 owner kind of disappointed.

2Ladiesdad

May 31, 2020
Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Get a sport SXS don't look back. The pioneer is a utility SXS with some sport ability. My wife always tells me the faster you go the smoother the ride.
I don't want a sport SXS, I want something I can use around my house also that's why I bought the pioneer. My shocks cleared customs and should be here on Friday so we will see how it goes.

t-bear

t-bear

Nov 11, 2019
NE OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My only true complaint is clunky pre shift noise and door rattles...

How many miles and oil changes/services?

I've got 1500 on mine and man it is so SMOOTH in trans shifting and transitions between gears. I can't hardly tell any more and I do account for getting accustomed to the "shift".

B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How many miles and oil changes/services?

I've got 1500 on mine and man it is so SMOOTH in trans shifting and transitions between gears. I can't hardly tell any more and I do account for getting accustomed to the "shift".
450 miles, 1st service done at 110 miles

Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah
t-bear

t-bear

Nov 11, 2019
NE OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
450 miles, 1st service done at 110 miles
Yeah mine got MUCH smoother all around. Especially after my 2nd oil change which I mistakenly did at 600 miles instead of 1200. Oops! Oh well I did both engine and trans oil changes. Boy has it gotten better and better.

B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah mine got MUCH smoother all around. Especially after my 2nd oil change which I mistakenly did at 600 miles instead of 1200. Oops! Oh well I did both engine and trans oil changes. Boy has it gotten better and better.
I plan on changing all.fluids at 600 and 1200 then.. lol

Reactions: Lady01 and Isaiah
J

JTW

Like you I bought the pioneer thinking I’d ride a little and use it for hunting and around the house. The thing is I didn’t use it for all the other stuff.. just riding. After 10k plus into the pioneer it’s as good as I was willing to make it, and it’s fine for what it is.... so, I bought a sport machine (KRX). I honestly didn’t know what know what I was missing. I would have been better off and money ahead to have bought a base 1000-5 and just bought a sport machine from the get go.

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a obviously big difference between ranch/work/sport. I've been in and out of the P1000 at least 20 times today doing fencing. A non starter using a sport a sport machine in that mode in my book. October brings tracks for snow as our P1000 runs all year doing chores. My son's inlaws have a General which is an attempt to close the work/fun gap. It stomps his P1000 (even with fox shocks) on XC trails as far as comfort and speed go. The Generals quality seems to be really lacking and the cab seems a lot smaller though. I'm Seriously looking at fox shocks for our P1000 this summer "just because." We knew what we were getting into when we got our P1000 and are good with it as is. It gets $hit done when we need it to get $hit done.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't want a sport SXS, I want something I can use around my house also that's why I bought the pioneer. My shocks cleared customs and should be here on Friday so we will see how it goes.
@2Ladiesdad you need to update this thread on your Elkas and your level of satisfaction with your Pioneer since upgrading.

I just read and would like to hear!

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never mind, found the newer thread. Glad it all worked out well for you!

Reactions: Lady01
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this is a bit stale, but thought I'd say something.
I've spent a good amount of time in Razors and had a Teryx 4 (great machine) before.
I need something between sport and utility, which is why I bought a Pioneer 1K 5.
Struggled quite a bit about the $$ to go with the Limited Edition, but did.
I am happy with my choice. Put 75 miles on it today on rutted, frozen over dirt roads.
Smoothed out the bumps and tracked well.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!