P1000m5 New P10005 Owner from ID

Welshman

Welshman

May 12, 2017
Malad, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 0570
Been looking at buying a SxS for the last year. A few weeks go went to look at the new 2017 700-4's almost bought a 2016 last fall but had some thing come up and couldn't.
Got to the dealer and they had sold the last one they had that morning. Really thought the 700-4 was what I wanted since the 2017 had the paddle shifters and power steering. Looked around some at some other models. They had a new 2017 P5 LE but I just couldn't justify the cost. Then I saw the Silver 2016 Deluxe and that was it.
Went and tried out a 2017 Teryx 4 seater. Nice seats, noisy as .... and there was no storage room in the back. Is wanted extra seating to take grandkids riding but 80% of the time it's just me the wife and my dog.
Went back and bought the one I think I always knew I wanted. Wife told me I might as well get the one wanted because I wouldn't be happy with any thing else. These Hondas are just more versatile than any thing else out there. Love the turf mode. I've had it three weeks and I've used it more around the yard than I ever thought I would. Doesn't tear any thing up.
Found this forum a week or so before. Added the roof and split window from the dealer. Already done some easy/cheap mods on it that I found on here. Ordered the heat shield and vent line kit off of eBay from bayouownbeer.
There are some really ingenious people on here. I already have a list assesories and mods I want to add. Want to do a snorkel next. Really like the looks of the thru the hood one that joeymt33 and cummins pusher have. I can see finding this place is going to cost me some money.

RobertinNevada

RobertinNevada

Apr 16, 2017
Fallon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 43386 Been looking at buying a SxS for the last year. A few weeks go went to look at the new 2017 700-4's almost bought a 2016 last fall but had some thing come up and couldn't.
Got to the dealer and they had sold the last one they had that morning. Really thought the 700-4 was what I wanted since the 2017 had the paddle shifters and power steering. Looked around some at some other models. They had a new 2017 P5 LE but I just couldn't justify the cost. Then I saw the Silver 2016 Deluxe and that was it.
Went and tried out a 2017 Teryx 4 seater. Nice seats, noisy as .... and there was no storage room in the back. Is wanted extra seating to take grandkids riding but 80% of the time it's just me the wife and my dog.
Went back and bought the one I think I always knew I wanted. Wife told me I might as well get the one wanted because I wouldn't be happy with any thing else. These Hondas are just more versatile than any thing else out there. Love the turf mode. I've had it three weeks and I've used it more around the yard than I ever thought I would. Doesn't tear any thing up.
Found this forum a week or so before. Added the roof and split window from the dealer. Already done some easy/cheap mods on it that I found on here. Ordered the heat shield and vent line kit off of eBay from bayouownbeer.
There are some really ingenious people on here. I already have a list assesories and mods I want to add. Want to do a snorkel next. Really like the looks of the thru the hood one that joeymt33 and cummins pusher have. I can see finding this place is going to cost me some money.
Welcome to the forum, Ive had mine for about 3 weeks now and love it. Got just 100 miles and have had it in deep sand, and steep rocky terrain, very happy so far, Think about the under dash storage and under seat storage. They were the first 2 mods I did and it gives you allot more places to put things. Enjoy

Last edited:
Welshman

Welshman

May 12, 2017
Malad, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum, Ive had mine for about 3 weeks now and love it. Got just 100 miles and have had it in deep sand, and steep rocky terrain, very happy so far, Think about the under dash storage and under seat storage. They were the first 2 mode I did and it gives you allot more places to put things. Enjoy
Thanks. I was already looking at the under dash storage. I'll add this to my ever growing wish list.

Welshman

Welshman

May 12, 2017
Malad, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum, Ive had mine for about 3 weeks now and love it. Got just 100 miles and have had it in deep sand, and steep rocky terrain, very happy so far, Think about the under dash storage and under seat storage. They were the first 2 mode I did and it gives you allot more places to put things. Enjoy
I really like the blue ones like yours. They had one at the dealer the next week when I went to pick mine up. Might of had to pull the trigger on it instead of the silver.

RobertinNevada

RobertinNevada

Apr 16, 2017
Fallon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really like the blue ones like yours. They had one at the dealer the next week when I went to pick mine up. Might of had to pull the trigger on it instead of the silver.
The stealth look of the one you have is pretty awesome, Once I saw they had blue this year, I was done! had to have it. Enjoy your new ride it looks great,

Reactions: pct
J

JTW

View attachment 43386 Been looking at buying a SxS for the last year. A few weeks go went to look at the new 2017 700-4's almost bought a 2016 last fall but had some thing come up and couldn't.
Congrats!! Yep.. it's awesome but this place will cost ya!

Reactions: pct and Corona1
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sharp looking rig! And welcome from SE TN.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from SE Missouri.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Glad that you got what you "NEEDED!"
Looks good.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum from WV and yes this place will cost you money HaHa

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on the new rig. Looks very nice and I'm sure in a couple of weeks with the forums ingenuity it will be even better. There are a few of us on here from Idaho and actually my in-laws live in Malad. Small world and a nice little town. Keep everyone posted.

Welshman

Welshman

May 12, 2017
Malad, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on the new rig. Looks very nice and I'm sure in a couple of weeks with the forums ingenuity it will be even better. There are a few of us on here from Idaho and actually my in-laws live in Malad. Small world and a nice little town. Keep everyone posted.
Thanks. If they've lived here very long I probably know them. I've lived here for a long time.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Welcome and congrats!!! Soooo....where at in Idaho?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for the welcome. About as far away in Idaho as you can get from where your at. I'm in south eastern Idaho in a little town called Malad right on I-15 about 13 miles from the Utah border.
Damn I was hoping another riding friend

Welshman

Welshman

May 12, 2017
Malad, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Damn I was hoping another riding friend
LOL. I love the area your in. Can't believe it's the same state from where I'm at. We are a high desert. Was up in Spokane in November for a convention and I couldn't believe how the area between Courd'elane and there and grown. Of course I hadn't been through there in 15 years.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
LOL. I love the area your in. Can't believe it's the same state from where I'm at. We are a high desert. Was up in Spokane in November for a convention and I couldn't believe how the area between Courd'elane and there and grown. Of course I hadn't been through there in 15 years.
Do you have any pics of the terrain? I haven't been down near that far

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!