P500 New p520

D

Dlm33

May 8, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I am new to the forum and just purchased a new p520(green in color). I pick up the machine next week after the dealer installs the following accessories I bought:

* Honda’s hard top (on back order)
* hard coat tip out windshield
* front bumper and need bars
* Rear fabric back panel
All accessories are from Honda

I am looking for any advise/tips for new led replacement headlight bulbs ( watched videos where the new bulb is larger (due to the fan) and fabrication was needed to the dust cover.
I was also wondering about storage tips or ideas anyone can give. I heard the Honda storage bag won’t fit with the rear fabric panel? Also any thoughts on the stock tires? Good or bad. What’s the largest tire I can install without a lift. Someone said 26 would be the limit.
I have a bunch more questions but this will be enough for now.
Thanks

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I put in Diode Dynamics bulbs; no fan required. Haven't tried them out yet at night but they seem pretty bright.

As for storage tips, there is a lot of unutilized space under the driver's seat. Honda makes a ridiculously overpriced, undersized bin that fits in there. A lot of people make their own. You also have glovebox options to replace the warning plate. It's not much room, but it's good for little items; keys phone, bottle caps, etc.

I can't vouch for the stock tires as I pulled them off with only about 10 miles on them of riding around my yard. Tire size really depends on true size. I'm running 27x10x14s on all 4 corners, that measure 26.25x10 true. They rub the inner fender well a bit, but not the frame.

Welcome, and enjoy. Great choice on the Green P52. Here's my build thread that might answer some of your questions:

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am new to the forum and just purchased a new p520(green in color). I pick up the machine next week after the dealer installs the following accessories I bought:

* Rear fabric back panel

I am looking for any advise/tips for new led replacement headlight bulbs ( watched videos where the new bulb is larger (due to the fan) and fabrication was needed to the dust cover.
I was also wondering about storage tips or ideas anyone can give. I heard the Honda storage bag won’t fit with the rear fabric panel? Also any thoughts on the stock tires? Good or bad. What’s the largest tire I can install without a lift. Someone said 26 would be the limit.
Thanks
WELCOME from NW Arkansas!

D

Dlm33

May 8, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I put in Diode Dynamics bulbs; no fan required. Haven't tried them out yet at night but they seem pretty bright.

As for storage tips, there is a lot of unutilized space under the driver's seat. Honda makes a ridiculously overpriced, undersized bin that fits in there. A lot of people make their own. You also have glovebox options to replace the warning plate. It's not much room, but it's good for little items; keys phone, bottle caps, etc.

I can't vouch for the stock tires as I pulled them off with only about 10 miles on them of riding around my yard. Tire size really depends on true size. I'm running 27x10x14s on all 4 corners, that measure 26.25x10 true. They rub the inner fender well a bit, but not the frame.

Welcome, and enjoy. Great choice on the Green P52. Here's my build thread that might answer some of your questions:

Thanks for the info, your machine looks great. I don’t think I’m ready or able to tackle all the jobs you did

D

Dlm33

May 8, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
A few other questions I have ; does anyone know the replacement Led model # I should go with. Or what is the factory model # for the headlight?

And has anyone ever purchased items from Crossroads3d? I was thinking about the replacement dust covers for replacing the headlights with the LED bulb. I see they have larger sizes .5 or 1”. I was thinking the 1”. They also sell retro fit cup holders (larger size) and a plastic glove box insert. Any opinion on them?

Reactions: 100Acre
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah, Rose city area! Had some property in Fairview. I have property in the Gaylord area now.
I live between Lansing and A2

Reactions: 100Acre and Dlm33
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
A few other questions I have ; does anyone know the replacement Led model # I should go with. Or what is the factory model # for the headlight?

And has anyone ever purchased items from Crossroads3d? I was thinking about the replacement dust covers for replacing the headlights with the LED bulb. I see they have larger sizes .5 or 1”. I was thinking the 1”. They also sell retro fit cup holders (larger size) and a plastic glove box insert. Any opinion on them?
I say dont waist your time with replacement LED bulbs. Just get the Deluxe LED headlights. I did the bulb thing and was disappointed bulb after bulb. They fit my old P5 i think the housing is the same as the P520

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome from Ga.

Searched Leds here and saw some disappointment by members. A google search of Pioneer 500 glove box will show a metal version from a different company, I have the metal one.

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
I'm new, just like you, and the same green machine as well since April. I am a storage freak, so it didn't take long to feel lost with the lack of storage. Trash can under the seat was done immediately. EMP under hood storage went in last night. As for Crossroads 3D, I can't say enough good things about them. The glove box is amazing! Perfect for spare mags, wallet, registration, cell phone, etc.... And it is solid as a rock. Cup holders were a must for me to from there. I never leave home without an RTIC 30oz tumbler. Also, there was a problem during shipping, totally unrelated to Crossroads 3D, and the service and response times will leave your head spinning.

I would also recommend the fan over-ride switch. I like knowing my fan works, and hate running motors hot. I do a lot of desert riding in the summer. The Honda SxS Store on here makes it so easy. Literally a plug & play deal. So nice when things go like they should.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

D

Dlm33

May 8, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I'm new, just like you, and the same green machine as well since April. I am a storage freak, so it didn't take long to feel lost with the lack of storage. Trash can under the seat was done immediately. EMP under hood storage went in last night. As for Crossroads 3D, I can't say enough good things about them. The glove box is amazing! Perfect for spare mags, wallet, registration, cell phone, etc.... And it is solid as a rock. Cup holders were a must for me to from there. I never leave home without an RTIC 30oz tumbler. Also, there was a problem during shipping, totally unrelated to Crossroads 3D, and the service and response times will leave your head spinning.

I would also recommend the fan over-ride switch. I like knowing my fan works, and hate running motors hot. I do a lot of desert riding in the summer. The Honda SxS Store on here makes it so easy. Literally a plug & play deal. So nice when things go like they should.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.
Thanks for the info. I’m torn between the crossroad 3D box and the metal one. I’ll check the emp under hood storage also. Like I said I’m new to this forum and this is my first SxS.

Reactions: 100Acre
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Another welcome from a Great Lakes State Bro.

#NTC

Reactions: 100Acre and Dlm33
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

* Rear fabric back panel

Thanks
Exciting! Welcome from Oklahoma. The 500 will serve you past your need...😎

Reactions: Dlm33
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from a former Michigander
1a
Regarding the LED bulb replacement - I went with JDM Astor 881 LED bulbs and have been quite pleased - Here is a link showing the difference between OEM and LED. Post # 36

D

Dlm33

May 8, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
86037C28 8F57 47FA 9D02 EDE8DE56D097
The new p520 is here. Picked it up today. Waiting for the roof to come in, but still was able to put 12 miles on it. The shifting was a little hard so I sure hope that works itself out soon. Any tips on how to break it in? Or what oil to put in after I reach 100 miles

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Needs these accessories- Mud, dust from many states, scratches, dents, cracked, broken or missing pieces. But still holding together and running great because it’s a Honda. Also, green is the color of envy. It’s the “enviest”!
I made up another new word! Oh, and welcome amongst us brethren!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 271316 The new p520 is here. Picked it up today. Waiting for the roof to come in, but still was able to put 12 miles on it. The shifting was a little hard so I sure hope that works itself out soon. Any tips on how to break it in? Or what oil to put in after I reach 100 miles

First oil change I went with Honda oem. 2nd service I went to synthetic and changed out the gear oil in the diffs to heavier synthetic, she'll quiet down and shift smoother with some use. Oh and congrats, you got the best color.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!