P700 new pioneer noisy

L

Lizzard54

Apr 29, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just put 4 miles on my new pioneer and it seems noisy to me ? is this normal
there's a little rattle as I drive it . my 250ex 4 wheeler is whisper quiet compared to this machine.
just curios if this is the way it should be. to be fair I haven't ridden in any other sxs so I have nothing to compare it to.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah, they rattle. The 700 has that vibration to it that doesn't help much.
Check the bed dump latch.
The door stoppers can be adjusted
and tailgate latches.
I have an EMP aluminum top that makes the most noise.

Sometimes a little lube is needed in moving areas to quite things down.
Mines a 2014 and I've had it long enough that I really don't notice it much.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yep totally normal. It had me drove insane the first week thinking bolts were loose or my differentials were grinding. The brake chatter had me going nuts and spraying oil on them.The downshift at what seems out of the blue while ascending a hill totally blew my mind. But soon I figured out I just had to learn the nature of this thing.
All I can say is you will get used to it. And enjoy not walking home.

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
They "talk" to ya little...but not bad. Most of the noise is probably from the bed. You can play with it over time with adjustments or adding some rubber cushions and work some of it out.. I had to work on the door stoppers when I first got mine to get them to quiet down. But I don't think it's too bad. It will "work in" the more you drive it. On a new machine it's important to go around and check all bolts for proper torque...just to make sure

Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
A lot of the noise is from the doors and tailgate. I just wrapped a little electrical tape around the door latch on the vehicle and I did the same for the tailgate. It just makes it so they don't rattle. Just a cheap easy trick I learned on this forum.

Reactions: Deluxe700
P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Haha ... the rattles drove me nuts when it was brand new. After a while you honestly don’t notice it anymore. I did some simple things to quiet it down considerably. I added small pieces (about 1” x 1” x 1” thick) of foam tape where the rubber adjusters meet the door, adjusted the rear seat slides on the doors (for when they are flat) and tilted the bed and slid on a piece of small vinyl hose on the bed latch bars (that helped a lot!!!)

I’ve also just accepted that the engine shifts when it feels like it, it was tough giving in but the rides are way more enjoyable now that I’ve made peace with it.

It may get a little noisy at times, but it still remains the “go to” machine for help when someone gets stuck ... I’m considering adding decals to the door like the old WWII bombers did for missions flown for every rig I pull out.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine was pretty noisy when I got it last weekend, after adjusting all of the door latches it was much better. I went on a ride the other night and couldn’t figure out where the rest of the rattling was coming from until my son pointed out the rear seat belt assemblies.... sure enough there are two bolts holding each and mine were loose. After tightening those, mine is pretty darn quiet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!