BOX1

P700 New Rear View Mirror Installed!

R

Rumplestiltskin

Jan 19, 2018
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just installed my new extra wide rear view mirror. Ordered thru Amazon Prime for $19.99. Quite a value. The brackets were just a wee large for the roll bar diameter, so I went to Ace hardware & purchased some thin black rubber window trim tape w/ pull off paper / adhesive. This worked great.
Hey anybody else in Northern California? Want to organize a group ride somewhere ?? Sometime in, say, April or May?
Mirror1
Mirror2

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just installed my new extra wide rear view mirror. Ordered thru Amazon Prime for $19.99. Quite a value. The brackets were just a wee large for the roll bar diameter, so I went to Ace hardware & purchased some thin black rubber window trim tape w/ pull off paper / adhesive. This worked great.
Hey anybody else in Northern California? Want to organize a group ride somewhere ?? Sometime in, say, April or May?View attachment 62816 View attachment 62817

Just a note for this exact mirror....if any 1000 riders are seeing this and think that looks awesome, it will not work for you I tried ROPS is JUST a bit too large in diameter.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I mounted a mirror in the same spot on my 1000. I find it sits way too high out of my line of sight. I found a speedshop supplier with longer brackets I may try.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just a note for this exact mirror....if any 1000 riders are seeing this and think that looks awesome, it will not work for you I tried ROPS is JUST a bit too large in diameter.
He said he put adhesive rubber under the mount that made the diameter of the ROPS larger so It would work....It looks pretty bad ass

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He said he put adhesive rubber under the mount that made the diameter of the ROPS larger so It would work....It looks pretty bad ass

No I meant the 1000 ROPS is too big to fit in the mount the 700 ROPS is slightly smaller than the mount. That same mirror would not fit on my ROPS. I agree I liked the mirror too, which is why I picked it up. I ended up with this to fit the 1000 ROPS

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017T04RMA/?tag=sxsweb24-20

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Oooops my bad.....

R

Rumplestiltskin

Jan 19, 2018
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-4
I mounted a mirror in the same spot on my 1000. I find it sits way too high out of my line of sight. I found a speedshop supplier with longer brackets I may try.

I purposely chose this mirror, because I wanted to make sure I didn't have a mirror that hung down too low disrupting my view. I agree that if I REALLY wanted a traffic rear view mirror , a more traditional position would be better - BUT - the whole idea of being outdoors in this thing is to enjoy a big unobstructed view of nature.... The mirror is not needed for safety as with driving in traffic - it will only be used for once-in-a-while convenience - like backing out of garage without hitting parked cars, or the occasional glance if/when riding with others, etc.

I like how it sits high and out of the way...... PLUS- I am a cheap ass, and it only cost $19.99 Heh, heh......

Last edited:
P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I mounted a mirror in the same location. I initially felt is was WAY too high and out of my line of sight, but got used to it and now really like it it that high ... it doesn't spoil my view forward. I considered side mirrors, but I'd just knock them off within a week.

Personally, I like the OPs mirror way better than mine, looks great!

Reactions: Rumplestiltskin
R

Rumplestiltskin

Jan 19, 2018
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-4
No I meant the 1000 ROPS is too big to fit in the mount the 700 ROPS is slightly smaller than the mount. That same mirror would not fit on my ROPS. I agree I liked the mirror too, which is why I picked it up. I ended up with this to fit the 1000 ROPS

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017T04RMA/?tag=sxsweb24-20
Just an assumption here, but since my 700-4 is a 2018 model year, I would assume that the new 1000's probably have the same exact roll bar. It appears perhaps they may be smaller in diameter than the past.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just an assumption here, but since my 700-4 is a 2018 model year, I would assume that the new 1000's probably have the same exact roll bar. It appears perhaps they may be smaller in diameter than the past.

The 700s have always been slightly smaller diameter ROPS than the 1000s it would take a rework of production line along with an engineering redesign to change the ROPS diameter that’s a lot of money I’d rather see Honda spend on the SPORT model

Reactions: LandPioneer
R

Rumplestiltskin

Jan 19, 2018
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-4
The 700s have always been slightly smaller diameter ROPS than the 1000s it would take a rework of production line along with an engineering redesign to change the ROPS diameter that’s a lot of money I’d rather see Honda spend on the SPORT model
Well there ya go.... lol!

R

RumpRocket

Dec 23, 2017
USA
Ownership

1. 500
I bought the same mirror for my 500 and love it.....I used about 4 wrap's of electrical tape to build up the Bar.

Reactions: Rumplestiltskin
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!