P700 New Shocks

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had these guy put together some shocks for me. They were not offering for the 700. I talked to them to see if they would be able to build some for me. I wanted some that were longer than stock. This is what they came up with. They will be direct bolt on. They will also be half inch longer in front and 3/4 inch longer in back. Front will have high and low speed compression as well as rebound. The rears will have rebound. They shipped today. Looking forward to trying them out

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I like the concept.What weight springs ?
dual rate 225 front
265 back
have a friend running some from this company on his teryx and they seem to ride better than the fox that were on it. The company was very accommodating to work with . Told them what I wanted, and they said they would see what they could do. They let me know within about 6hrs that they could build these. I thought that was pretty good since they did not offer any for a 700. They pretty much ask the same questions elka and the others to get the valving and spring rates. They also asked for mounting width and bolt diameter As far as specs for comparison front would be like an elka stage 5 and the rear would be like a stage 2. Will get them put on next week.

Last edited:
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok so I got the 700 back from the Tuner yesterday, I let him use it to develope 4 different tunes for the 700. I was able to install the new shocks. Took 1/2 of today and went riding to get a feel for them. I like them. Didn't change any settings Today except set preload where I wanted it. I could live withe the way they are now and be very happy. The shocks still have some settling to do and will get even better. Settings right now are in middle for everything. Very plush over slow rough ground and composed at high speeds. Went across this cattle grate and medium speed and couldn't even feel it. I will probably back off on the high and low speed compression on the front and adjust rebound and spring from there. I will probably add a little rebound damping and see . Shocks I have had on the 700 are
Stock- suck
commander- big improvement
elka stage1 - better than stock
Bandit Stage 4 front, stage 2 rear, Best so far
I know comparing to the elka is not apples to apples comparison but the build quality of these seems to be on par for the most part and the price is about the same for more features. I will give more feed back as I get more time on them

20230208 161304 20230208 161325 20230208 161519 20230208 1615131

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok so I got the 700 back from the Tuner yesterday, I let him use it to develope 4 different tunes for the 700. I was able to install the new shocks. Took 1/2 of today and went riding to get a feel for them. I like them. Didn't change any settings Today except set preload where I wanted it. I could live withe the way they are now and be very happy. The shocks still have some settling to do and will get even better. Settings right now are in middle for everything. Very plush over slow rough ground and composed at high speeds. Went across this cattle grate and medium speed and couldn't even feel it. I will probably back off on the high and low speed compression on the front and adjust rebound and spring from there. I will probably add a little rebound damping and see . Shocks I have had on the 700 are
Stock- suck
commander- big improvement
elka stage1 - better than stock
Bandit Stage 4 front, stage 2 rear, Best so far
I know comparing to the elka is not apples to apples comparison but the build quality of these seems to be on par for the most part and the price is about the same for more features. I will give more feed back as I get more time on them

View attachment 373380 View attachment 373381 View attachment 373382 View attachment 373383
Congrats!

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok so I got to put about four hrs on them today. I like them a lot. great at speed and slow speed stuff. Very composed feeling and plush which was not a word I would have used ever on this machine. Even with the stage1 elka, they were good at speed though. Also got to run the 4 performance tunes a good bit today. Right now it has more bottom with 28's than it did with the stock 25's. reaches 40mph noticeably quicker. Do not have the speed governor anymore but does have rpm limiter. Regularly hit 46-47 on speedometer have seen 48 twice. GPS said 52mph. May open up the exhaust a little and see what happens.

S

Shock5150

Mar 27, 2022
Port Townsend, wa
Ownership

1. 700-4
osobad, What are you using for tuning? I've been following your lead, and have yet to be disappointed. Installed the Duncan Fab Control arms, just installed the Bandit stage 2 shocks, and man what a difference. Next up will be 28's but want to be sure i'm not too underpowered. I'm in Western Washington, so a lot of steep climbs.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
osobad, What are you using for tuning? I've been following your lead, and have yet to be disappointed. Installed the Duncan Fab Control arms, just installed the Bandit stage 2 shocks, and man what a difference. Next up will be 28's but want to be sure i'm not too underpowered. I'm in Western Washington, so a lot of steep climbs.
Do you have paddle shifters? I am using Florida Cracker Performance . You can check him out on FB. I am using stage 2 as I am in Florida but this last weekend I used stage 3 because of being in the Tennessee Mountains. The stage 3 holds gear longer. It never once shifted to higher gear while climbing. Worked perfect. I do not have shifters. Someone with a deluxe may not need #3 or 4 . 2 is my favorite for my riding. On his site he expains the difference between the tunes

Last edited:
S

Shock5150

Mar 27, 2022
Port Townsend, wa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Do you have paddle shifters? I am using Florida Cracker Performance . You can check him out on FB. I uaslly am using stage 2 as I am in Florida but this last weekend I used stage 3 because of being in the Tennessee Mountains. The stage 3 holds gear longer. It never once shifted to higher gear while climbing. Worked perfect. I do not have shifters. Someone with a deluxe may not need #3 or 4 . 2 is my favorite for my riding. On his site he expains the difference between the tunes
Yes, I do have the paddle shifters. I was actually just looking at their site the other day as they seem to be the only one with tunes. Appreciate all the assistance. your mods have made quite a comfortable, capable machine. After tires, i'm gonna try and set it up as a kind of overland rig for multiple day trips.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes, I do have the paddle shifters. I was actually just looking at their site the other day as they seem to be the only one with tunes. Appreciate all the assistance. your mods have made quite a comfortable, capable machine. After tires, i'm gonna try and set it up as a kind of overland rig for multiple day trips.
He used my 700 for about 2 weeks to developed his tunes. If you have paddle shifters I would suggest the stage 2 I am glad you like my mods , don't be afraid to venture out on your own. I try to be as honest as I can , but I am sure there will be some my mods don't work for

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwoods
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!