P1000 New Springs on Your Fox Shocks

FoggyMtnBreakdown

FoggyMtnBreakdown

Lifetime Member
Dec 22, 2019
LaGrange, Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm like most on here...farm use, solo rides with too much gear and occasional rear passengers. My rear fox qs3 springs are collapsed and would like to improve suspension by changing my springs. Occasionally though, I like to drive very aggressive around my home trails. My sway bar is detached. How would you rate body roll with the 250/300 lb set up? Would you suggest firmer springs for aggressive driving? I'll sacrifice some slow comfort for the ability to keep from rolling over on every turn. Does the qs3 valve adjustment compensate for body roll with a lighter spring in your opinion? thanks

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My body roll is kind of high with 250/300/no sway bar, 3" TTC arms and 30" tires. I do not do much in the way of high speed cornering.

Although I've never ridden in a stock P1000, so I don't have a lot to compare it to.

Since you haul a lot with it, heavier springs would probably be better. I don't know how much it'll change roll, though, and I don't know how the QS3 adjustment affects it.

We had a guy on here recently that was talking about going to 500lb springs for hauling a stretcher or something like that. I'll see if I can find him...

Last edited:
FoggyMtnBreakdown

FoggyMtnBreakdown

Lifetime Member
Dec 22, 2019
LaGrange, Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My body roll is kind of high with 250/300/no sway bar, 3" TTC arms and 30" tires. I do not do much in the way of high speed cornering.

Although I've never ridden in a stock P1000, so I don't have a lot to compare it to.

Since you haul a lot with it, heavier springs would probably be better. I don't know how much it'll change roll, though, and I don't know how the QS3 adjustment affects it.

We had a guy on here recently that was talking about going to 500lb springs for hauling a stretcher or something like that. I'll see if I can find him...
I appreciate the reply. I might go 50 lbs heavier on front and rear, 300/350 respectively. I might even just start with the rears and do the fronts later.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I appreciate the reply. I might go 50 lbs heavier on front and rear, 300/350 respectively. I might even just start with the rears and do the fronts later.
I can say from my experience with 250/300lb shocks and rear sway bar removed, on softest qs3 setting I get some body roll. It is worse than no sway bar with stock shocks. Qs3 set to firmest setting with no sway bar the body roll is close to oe shocks.

Last edited:
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s what I’m running on mine. If they were available, I’d think about going to 275 front and 325 rear. However, I’ve never seen the 325’s available for the rears. My rear sway bar has been deleted and though there is a little more sway on the highway on twisty roads, off road it’s never a problem.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!