Talon New Talon 2-Seat Live Valves?

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
According to Deranged Off-Road, Honda will introduce a 2-Seat version of the Live Valve cars in both the X and R model this year.
The Honda segment starts at 5:48. He's basing this on documents filed with the State of California. I believe it's the requisite emissions documents submission to the Air Resources Board prior to selling a vehicle in that state.

What do you think? Is there indeed going to be Live Valve version of the 2-seat models this year?

Steve

H

HondaTech

20200116 224620

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
According to Deranged Off-Road, Honda will introduce a 2-Seat version of the Live Valve cars in both the X and R model this year.
The Honda segment starts at 5:48. He's basing this on documents filed with the State of California. I believe it's the requisite emissions documents submission to the Air Resources Board prior to selling a vehicle in that state.

What do you think? Is there indeed going to be Live Valve version of the 2-seat models this year?

Steve
Too late! I already sent my shocks to Shock Therapy! I wonder what the MSRP bump for the Live Valve will be!

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Too late! I already sent my shocks to Shock Therapy! I wonder what the MSRP bump for the Live Valve will be!

Well, if it follows suit with the 4-seat version I believe it's a $2000 bump.

Steve

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Ouch! I think a properly setup non-live suspension could still be better for less, and less complicated.

I wouldn't disagree. Of course, you get the "launch control" too (not that that would matter one whit to me).

Steve

Reactions: CID
Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
I wouldn't disagree. Of course, you get the "launch control" too (not that that would matter one whit to me).

Steve
Launch control on an off road trail machine...really! Why? Seems like a gimmick unless your turbo’d up and drag racing on asphalt!

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Ouch! I think a properly setup non-live suspension could still be better for less, and less complicated.

That was my thought when I bought my non LV x4. Well that and I'm not into the orange frame and cage o_O

$2k get a decent amount of shock tuning, not to mention the live valve may need tuning also.

Steve

Actually, I really wanted the launch control. Basically it just gives you a "clutch dump" effect. There has been a few times where I would have liked to get the rpms up a little before moving, not necessarily redline, just a little extra.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
That was my thought when I bought my non LV x4. Well that and I'm not into the orange frame and cage o_O

$2k get a decent amount of shock tuning, not to mention the live valve may need tuning also.

Actually, I really wanted the launch control. Basically it just gives you a "clutch dump" effect. There has been a few times where I would have liked to get the rpms up a little before moving, not necessarily redline, just a little extra.
I believe that DynoJet has cracked that part of the PCM and has a prototype DCT tune with Launch Control added for the R. Might want to keep an eye out on their website or email them to see if they are going to do the same for the X4 non LV...

Reactions: Lil_Steve
Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon x4
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!