highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
The fine folks here at the Honda SXS Club are the first to witness this!

For several months I've been racking my brain about the poor, low cost $7 plastic shifter plate on the Talon. It's just such a sloppy piece of plastic with all kinds of slack that makes shifting more difficult than it should be on a very nice machine. After many sketches, design considerations, and protypes this is a production sample of what I've come up with:

IMG 6705 IMG 6706

Features and Benefits:
  • Designed and manufactured in the USA, first and foremost!!
  • Precision CNC laser cut from 5052 aluminum for perfect fit and function
  • Straight back positive shift into Low rather than OEM hook motion
  • Right side channel with stops for quick Reverse-High shifts
  • Lever notches prevent accidental bump shifts and transmission damage
  • Narrow shift channels for increased shift feel, accuracy and reduced heat intrusion
  • Durable textured matte powder coat finish in black or silver (sample is raw aluminum)
  • Stronger that OEM plastic, does not flex when shifting over into park
  • Uses OEM mounting location and hardware
  • Perfect for GNCC type racing requiring positive shifts and bump shift prevention
  • Easy 15 minute install with 10mm socket and small punch to release plastic rivets
We have ridden with this shifter and found that the overall feel of the shifter is just so comfortable. The shifting motion is confidence inspiring with the narrow shift channels. The quick shift channel for Reverse - High works well as the lever spring snaps the lever into the notch requiring no effort.

We are going to production this week. Within two weeks we should have units ready to ship. I'll post again when the final units are ready to ship. My production partner is located only 5 miles from my house and has been producing mostly Honda ATV accessories since the 80's.

Initially they will be available on my website and on ebay since so many people shop there for parts.

Kicking off at the price of $47.95 which includes priority mail shipping. Honda SXS Club members can send a conversation to me for exclusive coupon code discounts; because you guys have been great customers to me.

Email me any questions. Excitedly nervous to release my first product design for production!! Thanks in advance for your encouraging support.

-Brian

10 80 logo Signature
AFD2291D AA71 4B36 A977 844739600DD1

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
When will this be available?

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Spoke to manufacturer yesterday and should be ready for pickup around the 18-20 of August. Main delay because they stockpile fabrication and only powder coat 3 days every 2 weeks. I’ll have to get into a sales rhythm to time stock delivery. Good thing is manufacturer is only 5 miles from my house!

soon as we have them available I’ll post it with finished pics.

My father in law and I have been riding with the shifter several times the last week. I will say that the shifting experience is FAR better than the stock plastic!!! I’ll post a video of the shifter plate in use also. Probably soon with one of the samples before we get the first shipment in. My father in law has no problem telling me if something is junk and he loves the shifter plate.

Reactions: CID
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Spoke to manufacturer yesterday and should be ready for pickup around the 18-20 of August. Main delay because they stockpile fabrication and only powder coat 3 days every 2 weeks. I’ll have to get into a sales rhythm to time stock delivery. Good thing is manufacturer is only 5 miles from my house!

soon as we have them available I’ll post it with finished pics.

My father in law and I have been riding with the shifter several times the last week. I will say that the shifting experience is FAR better than the stock plastic!!! I’ll post a video of the shifter plate in use also. Probably soon with one of the samples before we get the first shipment in. My father in law has no problem telling me if something is junk and he loves the shifter plate.
Cool, what colors will they be available in, Talon X4LV orange....😎

What’s pricing going to be like?

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
First batch will be textured black or silver powder coated. I’ll probably keep a few unfinished for anyone that may want to paint or coat a custom color. Also will make a few brushes aluminum finish and clear coat but that will be later. Just have to get started now with fewer options. i don’t even have color samples to share because I went to see in person while they were powder-coating.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Update for today...
The plates are cut and going to power coating. Seems to be on track for 8/20 pickup of my first order. We have to get some good product pics to post but may be able to start taking orders by Saturday (8/22) and shipping on Monday (8/24)

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Received partial order today.

Brushed aluminum premium is not available yet. I’ve only made 2 of these. I’ll add to inventory later.
I need orange....😎

Reactions: Remington
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I’ll have to check on that orange but I doubt my manufacture will do orange for one piece. At this stage of production I can’t get 5 Honda colors made. Maybe later I’ll be able to. Sorry.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I’ll have to check on that orange but I doubt my manufacture will do orange for one piece. At this stage of production I can’t get 5 Honda colors made. Maybe later I’ll be able to. Sorry.
I’m not the only one that needs orange, but ok, I’ll order black....😉

Reactions: Remington
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
Get it Powdercoated locally monte.

Probably only $20 or so.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!