New tire psi

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
I finally got rid of my stock tires on my pioneer 500. Which they recommend 10 psi. The new tires tusk terraform, on the sidewall, it recomends 7 psi. Is this to low? I called the company and they said they can't recommend going higher than the sidewall says. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
What is the side wall marking?
AT tires are for ATVs and usually have a low pressure.
NHS are for SxS (and other stuff) and usually are ~30 psi max.
I'll look in a bit I just got home.

Reactions: Smitty335
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
A lightweight machine like the 500 should be well down in the single digits with a 6ply unless you're hauling lead ingots stacked to the top of the cage. I think I ran 4-5 psi on mine, though I concede I favor ride over handling.

That was a 6 ply. I can't imagine what kind of hell a 500 would be on 10ply tires...but I'd only have the valve cores in to keep water and dust out of the tire.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
A lightweight machine like the 500 should be well down in the single digits with a 6ply unless you're hauling lead ingots stacked to the top of the cage. I think I ran 4-5 psi on mine, though I concede I favor ride over handling.

That was a 6 ply. I can't imagine what kind of hell a 500 would be on 10ply tires...but I'd only have the valve cores in to keep water and dust out of the tire.

🥺

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!