P700 New tires with commander shocks

S

searlest

Sep 12, 2017
indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello First I would like to say thanks to all the contributors !!!!

I have been upgrading my pioneer 700 and am adding the Commander Shock upgrade.

I have been reading thru the post and have some questions

My riding is 70% road and 30% around the farm no heavy mudding or hardcore off roading.

I am looking at the below

Kanati Mongrel
Super swamper

I plan to run the same width tire all the way around?

1) If I run the same width all the way around what spacers will I need to make the machine track properly ?

2) do you recommend 14" or 15" rims?

3) Some are saying that 28s will rub even with the commander upgrade ? Is anyone with the commander upgrade and 28 " tires without rubbing ?

4) If not a violation of forum rules can you give recommendation on where the best place to get a great deal on a set of tires and rims ?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Same all the way around isPROBABLY best for you
With the road riding.27s are your best size choice. You can rotate tires that way. Rocky Mountain Atv is best rim and tire source and they set you up good. Once you make your rim and tire choice please post and we will help you out or tell you not too.im not sure the super swampers are for you though.
Others will chime in soon. It's the weekend
I recommend 14s unless you are going pimplook:rolleyes:

Last edited:
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I do not believe you will need spacers because tracking does not seem to be and Issue that I have heard...I run 28s myself and they are a pinch too big in stock setup.I run big horns 2.0 6PLY.They are no good for road riding.You will get a much better answer from the others who have gone your rt. and tried the tires and setup.Also go to 700 section wheels and tires.

S

searlest

Sep 12, 2017
indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
Spacers...I would prefer that the wheels "stick out" Evenly just for looks .

So what size spacer will I need

where will be installed ? Front or back ?

Below is what I have found so far ?

• Imagesashxi4WD SSR07R
    27x9.50R14LT, SSR Radial

Part #SSTSSR-02R
    Free Shipping on Select Styles and Sets of 4 Super Swamper Tires
    You Save 11%

$655.96
    - $74.00

$581.96

gbc_16_tir_kan_mon_10.jpg

GBC Kanati Mongrel 10-Ply Radial Tire 27x9-14
$515.00

4/110 Douglas Crusader Wheel 14x7 4.0 + 3.0 Matte Black
dou_18_whe_cru-mat_blk.jpg

4/110 Douglas Crusader Wheel 14x7 4.0 + 3.0 Matte Black

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
I went with commander shocks and Maxxis Carnivores 28x10x14 all the way around. I'm very pleased with them so far. We do quiet a bit of road riding during the summer months playing in creeks. My 28's will rub with compression around 3/4 of a turn. I have the commander shocks and changed to the 3rd preload setting up front which helped with the rubbing. Quiet a few people are running the mongrel tires so hopefully some will chime in. I would pay attention to the weight of the tire itself. I changed tires and can achieve top speed faster and maintain it better too with lighter tires.

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I really like your rims you picked out, but if you ride in much snow those 10 plys are not for you....heavy as hell too....as stated above the carnivores are bad ass... 27/10 all around and your set.... I don't run spacers, but I don't think you will need them.

Reactions: SundayRdr
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I really like your rims you picked out, but if you ride in much snow those 10 plys are not for you....heavy as hell too....as stated above the carnivores are bad ass... 27/10 all around and your set.... I don't run spacers, but I don't think you will need them.
DGRider will have some answers too he's a wise ole owl on the 700s

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you are buying rims, why not just buy them with the offset you want, so don't need the spacers?
I have 14" rims all the way around and I'm happy with them. Some say that smaller rims and more sidewall provides a smoother ride.
I am running 28" Swamp Lites on 14" rims. I have commander shocks but I also have arched A-arms. But no rubbing.
Where to buy, might depend on which tire you ultimately select.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!