New to Hondasxs.com

H

HondaFarmer62

Mar 26, 2021
Nebraska - East Central
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
The honda OEM glass windshield goes on and off easily because of the Honda quick clamps.
I'm assuming the OEM split windshield has the same clamps and would be easy to swap out. I had the glass windshield because I wanted to use a wiper but I ended up selling it and just putting on the superatv split windshield. The Honda split doesn't open up far enough.
Thank you for the information! We were thinking the glass also for sealing heat into the cab in the winter and the wiper possibility but we will check out the superatv split windshield.

H

HondaFarmer62

Mar 26, 2021
Nebraska - East Central
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
Welcome from the mountains of WNC, like @TripleB said I have the Honda split windshield and added a kit from @RB3offroad I think to make it open more. When the time comes I will probably change it out for the @SuperATV windshield. Stick around long enough you might even learn something.

(Booyah!! got a 3 tag welcome in there... ) #NTC👍
Thank you for the information on the kit to make the Honda split windshield open wider.

H

HondaFarmer62

Mar 26, 2021
Nebraska - East Central
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
Thank you everyone for the wonderful welcome and very insightful information! Our dealer said it would be around 8 weeks before our Pioneer shows it's face. I'm not holding my breath, it seems like everything is taking longer to arrive. The wife and I will just keep smiling while we are riding our Foremans around and keep dreaming of that nice cargo box that will soon be behind us to put fencing, cattle and farm supplies in. In the mean time I will try and post some pictures of the older machines.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Wow! The people getting Hard before they take possession of there machine, is crazy theses days! reminds me of my first date 🤔lol
Took me six months to get a boat....
And everything is full retail now....😡😡😡

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Good afternoon. I'm new to Hondasxs.com, actually new to any forum. I've been riding Honda's since I was 8 years old (41 years of enjoyable riding). Started on a Honda 50 and moved up over the years. I still have my Honda 70, Honda 300 Fourtrax (with over 40000 miles, Honda 500 Fourtrax with 20000 miles and wife's Honda Fourtrax. We have ordered a Pioneer 1000-3 Deluxe and looking forward to it's arrival. In the mean time we are leaning toward the Honda winter cab package (It sure will be nice having some protection from the elements doing winter farm and cattle work). My only issue is, how hard is it, or is it even possible, to change out the Honda glass front window to a Honda split front window for summer? We would like to have better ventilation through the front even with the doors removed. Any help would be wonderful.
Welcome to the club from Arkansas....👍

Reactions: Lady01 and rtn001
C

ckeele223

Apr 2, 2019
St. George, Utah
Ownership

1. 700-4
Good afternoon. I'm new to Hondasxs.com, actually new to any forum. I've been riding Honda's since I was 8 years old (41 years of enjoyable riding). Started on a Honda 50 and moved up over the years. I still have my Honda 70, Honda 300 Fourtrax (with over 40000 miles, Honda 500 Fourtrax with 20000 miles and wife's Honda Fourtrax. We have ordered a Pioneer 1000-3 Deluxe and looking forward to it's arrival. In the mean time we are leaning toward the Honda winter cab package (It sure will be nice having some protection from the elements doing winter farm and cattle work). My only issue is, how hard is it, or is it even possible, to change out the Honda glass front window to a Honda split front window for summer? We would like to have better ventilation through the front even with the doors removed. Any help would be wonderful.
HondaFarmer62, I agree with what TripleB wrote in that the Honda factory split windshield does not open far enough, unless you are able to get the windshield open far enough to get some air going through the cab the dust and debris just vortexes around behind and is sucked up into the cab, I am about to fabricat some brackets to see if i am able to open it up some more, and it does go on with the same quick clamps as all the accessories form the Honda factory, have fun.

E

Eric2442

Nov 24, 2020
Dayton, Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 1000-5 didn't come with a window, but I added a split window, I put it on by myself, took a couple hours, taking my time in no rush. Fit nicely under the roof and works well with my soft cab. The struts are sturdy and keeps the window up at speed. Love it in Antelope season and summer fun driving.

Reactions: Lady01 and rtn001
17LE

17LE

Dec 10, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome Honda Farmer !
I'm from Iowa and use my Pioneer on the farm also.
You will love it !
Enjoy the crowd here, lots of friendly people that are happy to help.

Reactions: Lady01
H

HondaFarmer62

Mar 26, 2021
Nebraska - East Central
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Other Brand
The honda OEM glass windshield goes on and off easily because of the Honda quick clamps.
I'm assuming the OEM split windshield has the same clamps and would be easy to swap out. I had the glass windshield because I wanted to use a wiper but I ended up selling it and just putting on the superatv split windshield. The Honda split doesn't open up far enough.
Thank you for the information on the SuperATV split windshield. We've been watching some YouTube videos and checking out the SuperATV website. If you don't mind me asking another question, how well does the SuperATV split windshield seal against the sides and where it meets the roof? Does it keep the rain from blowing in while riding? Dust?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thank you for the information on the SuperATV split windshield. We've been watching some YouTube videos and checking out the SuperATV website. If you don't mind me asking another question, how well does the SuperATV split windshield seal against the sides and where it meets the roof? Does it keep the rain from blowing in while riding? Dust?
You will have use a pool noodle between the top of windshield and the roof in a hard rain. The sides do good enough..

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!