BOX1

P700m4 New to the Thread lots of questions long post.

FlHondaSxS

FlHondaSxS

Jan 16, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey Everyone,

First let me start off with saying I'm not a big forum person so if my formatting is horrible I apologize. I'm a brand new 2017 Honda 700-4 Deluxe owner and after a couple rides with my (Rzr 1000 and Cam am 1000 friends) looking to do some modifications to make the ride a bit more fun.

I've spent about 10-20 hours on here and other sites reading up on things and have a basic idea of what I want to do but could use some hands on experience and information to make the choices.

First I'd like to improve the ride, we have a few places here with some small bumps that at a speed of 25 mph (a far cry from their 50+) bottoms out my shocks by myself. I understand I have a utility SxS and at no point can I keep up with the crazy they do, but something to soften it up would be amazing.

So my Wants,

Better suspension (softer ride)

We have a ton of mud here and I've been dubbed the "Rescue honda" our ride yesterday I had to "rescue" 15 different vehicles yesterday alone on our 6-hour ride. ( I have a 3500 Winch installed on the front my only mod so far)

So Id like some more clearance, Looking at getting the A-Arms from SuperATV 400 for the front and back. With these does it push my wheelbase out at all and if so how much?

Final thing is I want to put on some 28's Looking at 28x10-12.

I think 28's are the biggest I can go since I can't seem to find any portals for a 700.

Will I need to get a lift to handle the 28s?

Any other helpful info always welcome!

Thank you for your time.

1222 Unnamed

Last edited:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Read up on the threads for Commander shocks on the 700 will give you approximately two and a half inches of lift and way better ride

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Oh also welcome to the fourm.

FlHondaSxS

FlHondaSxS

Jan 16, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Read up on the threads for Commander shocks on the 700 will give you approximately two and a half inches of lift and way better ride

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I read up on them, but they seem to be really hard to find? I didn't have much luck finding any. I was wondering if the Fox shocks would be worth the price and how well they do.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I read up on them, but they seem to be really hard to find? I didn't have much luck finding any. I was wondering if the Fox shocks would be worth the price and how well they do.
Welcome. I had the Fox in mine and it was great. Big improvement! The rig was surprisingly more stable as well.

Reactions: Plumber32
FlHondaSxS

FlHondaSxS

Jan 16, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome. I had the Fox in mine and it was great. Big improvement! The rig was surprisingly more stable as well.
Does the fox give any more lift to the rig? I see a lot of lifts for these but they seem to be body and spacer lifts, is there such a thing as a suspension lift for the 700? and would the fox work as one?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Does the fox give any more lift to the rig? I see a lot of lifts for these but they seem to be body and spacer lifts, is there such a thing as a suspension lift for the 700? and would the fox work as one?
Ya it gave a almost 2 inches if I remember right. Even with the added height it was so much more sure footed. If I did a 700 again that would be my first upgrade. If someone has the money it's a really good way to go. As tramguage was saying many people are finding a good ride as well with the Can Am shocks for a lot less.

FlHondaSxS

FlHondaSxS

Jan 16, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ya it gave a almost 2 inches if I remember right. Even with the added height it was so much more sure footed. If I did a 700 again that would be my first upgrade. If someone has the money it's a really good way to go. As tramguage was saying many people are finding a good ride as well with the Can Am shocks for a lot less.

Now is there no mods needed to put those on? And any chance you know where I could get some?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Now is there no mods needed to put those on? And any chance you know where I could get some?

That I don't. You're best bet is looking at the commander forums that's where I heard a couple people getting them. There are many threads in here that talk about them and what needs to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tramguage1
FlHondaSxS

FlHondaSxS

Jan 16, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
That I don't. You're best bet is looking at the commander forums that's where I heard a couple people getting them. There are many threads in here that talk about them and what needs to be done.

I think I'll stick to fox, found some for sale on the forum we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the info!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think I'll stick to fox, found some for sale on the forum we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the info!

You'll not be disappointed

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I scoured for along time and came upon some Commander Shocks on ebay. Supposedly they had about 800 miles on them, but when I got them they were shoot. I'll have to get some new shocks for them but I figured even then I will only have about $450 in them.I can't justify the added price of the Fox shocks, but I know there hasn't been anyone complain about them.

FlHondaSxS

FlHondaSxS

Jan 16, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I scoured for along time and came upon some Commander Shocks on ebay. Supposedly they had about 800 miles on them, but when I got them they were shoot. I'll have to get some new shocks for them but I figured even then I will only have about $450 in them.I can't justify the added price of the Fox shocks, but I know there hasn't been anyone complain about them.

I don't mind paying the extra money for a good product, I just don't want the headache of trying to hunt down the commanders get them on and hope they are good.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Fox shocks are a tuff pill to swallow,but well worth it.My Dads machine has them and it's night and day to mine.They look great too

FlHondaSxS

FlHondaSxS

Jan 16, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Fox shocks are a tuff pill to swallow,but well worth it.My Dads machine has them and it's night and day to mine.They look great too
Yeah, as long as they work well that's all I care about. My buddies Polaris RZR 1000 Turbo has them and that thing is SMOOOOTH

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't mind paying the extra money for a good product, I just don't want the headache of trying to hunt down the commanders get them on and hope they are good.
I'll have to agree there. It was a let down when I took them apart and they were no good. But I'll get them fixed. Let us see when you get the Fox installed. And congrats on the new 700. My family and I have really enjoyed ours. And don't be bashful on this forum, there is a lot of great owners on here that have a wealth of experience on most everything.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah, as long as they work well that's all I care about. My buddies Polaris RZR 1000 Turbo has them and that thing is SMOOOOTH

It definitely won't be as smooth as that rzr given the much shorter a-arms on the Pioneer but drastically better then stock.

FlHondaSxS

FlHondaSxS

Jan 16, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'll have to agree there. It was a let down when I took them apart and they were no good. But I'll get them fixed. Let us see when you get the Fox installed. And congrats on the new 700. My family and I have really enjoyed ours. And don't be bashful on this forum, there is a lot of great owners on here that have a wealth of experience on most everything.
Yeah, I spent a lot of time on forums trying to find the best one to join and use, I found a lot of great people on here with a lot of help.

FlHondaSxS

FlHondaSxS

Jan 16, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
It definitely won't be as smooth as that rzr given the much shorter a-arms on the Pioneer but drastically better then stock.

oh I know, BTW should I get the A-Arms on SuperATV? Is it just plug and play? other then clearance does it do anything else for me? such as travel or anything.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have any upgraded a arms or such, but you might want to do a little research if you need to upgrade axles as well? Just something I would be curious of.

FlHondaSxS

FlHondaSxS

Jan 16, 2017
South Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't have any upgraded a arms or such, but you might want to do a little research if you need to upgrade axles as well? Just something I would be curious of.
Yeah, That's kinda why I'm asking I couldn't really get any clear outline on exactly what it does/what is needed. Other than you have to reuse bushings and it gives 2"inch of clearance. If that's all I'm getting out of it not really worth it but idk.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!