highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
New 19 model Talon X with about 50 miles on it. I noticed a squeaking noise coming from passenger side rear when running very slowly. Sounds like a rubber squeaking sound on something rotating. It's not the brakes. Anyone run into this yet?

Reactions: TripleB
K

kidamer

Jun 20, 2019
ohio
Ownership

1. 500
New 19 model Talon X with about 50 miles on it. I noticed a squeaking noise coming from passenger side rear when running very slowly. Sounds like a rubber squeaking sound on something rotating. It's not the brakes. Anyone run into this yet?
Mines doing it as well cant figure out where its comming from

H

HondaTech

I've had 3 Talons making a squealing noise at slow speed or constantly while moving.

All three have been fixed by lubricating or replacing the pinion seal in the rear diff. For whatever reason, they arent greased enough from the factory and rub on the splined collar.

K

kidamer

Jun 20, 2019
ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I've had 3 Talons making a squealing noise at slow speed or constantly while moving.

All three have been fixed by lubricating or replacing the pinion seal in the rear diff. For whatever reason, they arent greased enough from the factory and rub on the splined collar.
thank you ill have to take it see if thats it

Reactions: CPope
R

Randy1976

Dec 12, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon R
Mine did it was the metal squeal tab on brake pad only at slow speed pulled it away and done just got bent or something

Countryboy1000x

Countryboy1000x

Mar 25, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hello guy’s. My 2021 talon 1000x 4 just started the squeaking coming from the rear pinion. Did yours quit the squeaking on its own or did you have to make repairs??

Reactions: Isaiah
Countryboy1000x

Countryboy1000x

Mar 25, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Okay. Good I know it sounds like rubber. Did start seeping oil at any time?

Reactions: Isaiah
TSchearer

TSchearer

May 17, 2021
Kutztown, PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hello all. I just bought a used 21 Talon X last week with 26 miles. Went out yesterday and put about 40 miles on it. I'm getting the noise from the differential area that does sound like it's coming from the pinion seal area under that metal flange. Can anyone help me with how you lubed the pinion seal and what you used? I would think it's something more in depth than spraying penetrant between the metal flange and the diff but maybe I'm overthinking this. I'd appreciate any advice... Thanks in advance.

Countryboy1000x

Countryboy1000x

Mar 25, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hello guy’s mine did it also. And I called the dealership where I bought it and they knew about it. It’s the inner rear CV joints on the axels they have to be replaced. It’s under warranty and they replaced mine.

Reactions: Smitty335
J

Jhall244

Supporting Member
Apr 18, 2023
NE ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hello all. I just bought a used 21 Talon X last week with 26 miles. Went out yesterday and put about 40 miles on it. I'm getting the noise from the differential area that does sound like it's coming from the pinion seal area under that metal flange. Can anyone help me with how you lubed the pinion seal and what you used? I would think it's something more in depth than spraying penetrant between the metal flange and the diff but maybe I'm overthinking this. I'd appreciate any advice... Thanks in advance.
What did you end up doing? Shoot some line in it or pull it and grease it. Mine started doing it yesterday. Just under 100mi

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!