Newbie from Utah

Robertb52

Robertb52

Feb 13, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
First off, before I introduce myself; this is an awesome forum. Lots of great stuff so I appreciate all of you.

As for me, I am a new Pioneer 520 owner. In September I decided I wanted to get in on the outdoor exploring. After lots and lots of research, I had my attention on a Cub Cadet, Kawasaki Mule SX and the Pioneer 500. With lots of research and what I had been desiring, I went with a Mule SX LE.

I have to say it was a great machine until one day I perused the Honda website and saw the 520. And fate be have it, our Honda World dealership had 4 of them. Yes, I traded for a loss...but what a gain. When researching, the one and only thing that turned me away from the Pioneer 500 was no dump bed. And I could not justify buying one and putting a bed on When for the same price I got that and more (roof, rims, lift, etc). And the Mule is a great machine, but riding it up Farmington Canyon felt like I was riding a slug.

Understanding my use is purely for fun with me and my 9 year old, the dump bed is a must. Anyone with an autistic child will understand this. Playing contractor, survey and construction crew is just our thing. With a little more speed now, and 5 speed tranny, I am eager for the snow to melt so we can get back in the canyons. As for now, Utah’s deserts will have to do. Plus, I have to say I love all the customization options.

Thank you all for your posts

4801F0F6 096F 401F AC1E FDD478009D57 312A49E9 0424 419B 9DC6 27CCE2582C1C 2F250BB4 11B4 4BBA 928E F0FA2B01F909 FAD789FB 6074 4C59 B432 B0856599A0D2

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Southern Utah is my favorite place in the universe and all parallel universes, including the string theory universes. :cool: I got invited to southern Utah in 1972 and have been back almost every year since - boating, dirt bikes and now SxSs.

So, welcome from the once great state of Colorado. 👍

Reactions: Mudwing and JenElio
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from another Great Lake Stater!

Nice machine! I love that blue! Looks great!

Robertb52

Robertb52

Feb 13, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
Southern Utah is my favorite place in the universe and all parallel universes, including the string theory universes. :cool: I got invited to southern Utah in 1972 and have been back almost every year since - boating, dirt bikes and now SxSs.

So, welcome from the once great state of Colorado. 👍
I do plan to venture down south, but I bet you can’t beat the trails in CO. Right now I am trying to figure what the best way is to bring this long with a bumper pull 22ft rv so I can get lost in the Unitas.

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
First off, before I introduce myself; this is an awesome forum. Lots of great stuff so I appreciate all of you.

As for me, I am a new Pioneer 520 owner. In September I decided I wanted to get in on the outdoor exploring. After lots and lots of research, I had my attention on a Cub Cadet, Kawasaki Mule SX and the Pioneer 500. With lots of research and what I had been desiring, I went with a Mule SX LE.

I have to say it was a great machine until one day I perused the Honda website and saw the 520. And fate be have it, our Honda World dealership had 4 of them. Yes, I traded for a loss...but what a gain. When researching, the one and only thing that turned me away from the Pioneer 500 was no dump bed. And I could not justify buying one and putting a bed on When for the same price I got that and more (roof, rims, lift, etc). And the Mule is a great machine, but riding it up Farmington Canyon felt like I was riding a slug.

Understanding my use is purely for fun with me and my 9 year old, the dump bed is a must. Anyone with an autistic child will understand this. Playing contractor, survey and construction crew is just our thing. With a little more speed now, and 5 speed tranny, I am eager for the snow to melt so we can get back in the canyons. As for now, Utah’s deserts will have to do. Plus, I have to say I love all the customization options.

Thank you all for your posts

View attachment 257794 View attachment 257795 View attachment 257796 View attachment 257797
Welcome from NW Louisiana. I really like your new machine and I'm glad you traded up.

#NTC

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I do plan to venture down south, but I bet you can’t beat the trails in CO. Right now I am trying to figure what the best way is to bring this long with a bumper pull 22ft rv so I can get lost in the Unitas.

Good point. I just retired from off road motorcycling - I didn't have the skills to ride the ROCKIES. :oops: Discovering the SxS has opened up the entire state to me and I spent much of last summer exploring places I've never been able to get to before.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from the slushiest muddiest holes in WNY. You’re gonna get a ton of memories and fun out of that machine. Enjoy it to the fullest. 😎
#ntc😉

Reactions: Haldog77
LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
welcome, had that same decision making myself with a kawasaki dealer being the closest. not enough suspension (rear) and 25mph tops killed it for me. most trails here are roads, and need 35mph to keep things moving!

Reactions: JenElio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!