P1000 Newbie in mo

J

Jessie

Oct 19, 2016
Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello
Brand new to this page and brand new to the p1000.
Picked it up last Saturday. Really haven't riden that much except around the house.
Really love it so far.
Are there mechanical things to watch/look for any advice.
Excited to get to the woods with it.
Js

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hello
Picked it up last Saturday. Really haven't riden that much except around the house.
Really love it so far.
Js
That's where it shines! Welcome to the club we like pictures here. Any plans for a build

J

Jessie

Oct 19, 2016
Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Still letting it all sink in and getting familiar.
Possibly stiffer suspension and something to protect cv joints.Bike will mostly be used for farm and hunting.trail riding is light at this point.
Thanks Cummins pusher

B

BULLDOG6

Jun 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Big Red
Still letting it all sink in and getting familiar.
Possibly stiffer suspension and something to protect cv joints.Bike will mostly be used for farm and hunting.trail riding is light at this point.
Thanks Cummins pusher
Welcome!!!!

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome aboard! I'm pretty new here as well... I would suggest that you spend time just looking around and reading, there is a LOT of information in the forum! Of course, if you ask questions, folks in the know will speak up.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello
Really love it so far.
Js
The shifting "pop" you hear when it changes gears will quiet down and shift smoother after it breaks in after the first service. Welcome to the club

J

Jessie

Oct 19, 2016
Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks all
Up to about 8 miles on it now (worried I might wear it out ha ha)
I've heard the shift pop you speak of glad to know it will quiet down.
I am in love with the power this thing has WOW
Ordered stickers,what an absolutely cool thing to do.wife say your not putting stickers on my (her new bike)new bike but we will see.
I think it's really cool how everybody talks and shares stories and ideas none of the my stuff is better than your stuff s*&t
Js

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry am late to the thread but welcome to the club Jessie! Best club around.:)

Reactions: sharp and Tigermark
J

Jessie

Oct 19, 2016
Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IMG 1566

Well friends today was the day.
First let's all take a moment and admire the awesome decal.
First time out away from the farm, the day consisted of creeks, semi deep mud,steep grades,lose rocky grades,large rocks,woods and fields.
Riding with my wife ,brother in law and sister in law.
I am really digging this bike. At one point on the old road we hit 42 mph.Had more than enough power for any thing I put it too today. Only put about 6 miles on trails today because of other stuff I had too do this evening but it was a blast.
I'm no big time racer or rider but I think this bike is going to do everything I want and last a long time.
Oh and my brother in law he was eyeing it really hard I let him drive it when me and the wifey left he was hooking up his trailer too go look at one (wich means buy) I sent him to were I bought mine.

So my review
Handles terrain well.
Plenty of power.
Comfortable to ride.
You feel safe in it.
Suspension is good.
Good ground clearance.
Good on fuel.
Not thrilled with the shift pop but have been told after breakin it quietens some.
Js

J

Jessie

Oct 19, 2016
Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well.........
More reviews.
2 weekends of hard hunting in mid south mo with this beast.
I'm still very much in love.
Opening day it hauled 3 adults plus all our gear,guns etc.and 3full grown deer that we decided to take home with us.
Climbed the rocky mountain like a beast and wanted more plenty of ground clearance never bottomed out on any of the larger rocks.
My brother in law that I spoke of in my earlier post did buy a bike but unfortunately decided on the viking it's a good machine but the Honda eats it on so many levels,
Yes they both get you in and out of the woods just fine but when loaded down the Honda wins hands down. he as well had 3 adults and 3 deer and he was bumping the ground all the wayout. The Viking is also very loud to ride in where as the Honda even while riding trails its easy to talk back and forth.another thing I noticed the Viking seems to need a lot more pedal to make it move where the Honda seems to know what your thinking and just takes off.
I'm almost ready for my first service. going to add some rear facing led lights for night time but I'm happy with everything else
Js

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome! Glad you are loving it. Your brother will be trading in for a Honda soon enough. P.s. bike= 2 wheels. Lol. If you want to spend your retirement quickly check out @JACKAL @CumminsPusher @Delton build threads. Lots of good stuff.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
J

Jessie

Oct 19, 2016
Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome! Glad you are loving it. Your brother will be trading in for a Honda soon enough. P.s. bike= 2 wheels. Lol. If you want to spend your retirement quickly check out @JACKAL @CumminsPusher @Delton build threads. Lots of good stuff.
Thanks for the education on the whole bike thing

Reactions: moparornocar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!