BOX1

P500 Newbie Need Advise

R

Rsolomon515

Dec 27, 2016
Maryland
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am comparing the Honda 500 to the Polaris Ranger 500. I'm new to the whole world of ATV/side by side. I am going to be using it for hunting primarily. It will be kept at the farm I hunt. I might take it to some trails to have some fun.
What advise can you give me on buying? How much negotiating does the dealership do? Do the dealerships sell the trailers? do I need Insurance? Any advise will help

Thanks

Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I am comparing the Honda 500 to the Polaris Ranger 500. I'm new to the whole world of ATV/side by side. I am going to be using it for hunting primarily. It will be kept at the farm I hunt. I might take it to some trails to have some fun.
What advise can you give me on buying? How much negotiating does the dealership do? Do the dealerships sell the trailers? do I need Insurance? Any advise will help

Thanks
You'll be told here to buy Honda and if you go to a Polaris forum you'll be told to buy Polaris. Do your research, Google is your friend on this. You'll find that there's advantages and disadvantages to both. But at least you'll be able to make an informed decision.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500

Thanks
Advise on buying: As Montecresto said - Do your homework.
Negotiating: Likely depends on dealer - However make sure you ask for Out The Door Price, many dealers show low internet price and hit you with a host of additional fees. My 2017 OTD was less than another dealers 2016 OTD price, even though the list price of the '16 was more than $1000 less than the list of the '17.
Trailers: Likely depends on the dealer, but in general I would doubt it.
Insurance: I had a 2004 Polaris Ranger stolen from my farm in Michigan about 8 years ago, insurance paid off but did not replace. Plus there may be a liability issue. Again do your homework, ask your agent what is covered.
Trail riding: I think the Polaris is 56" wide - Many trails are limited to 50" width which is one of the many reasons I got the P500.
Good luck

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
H O N D A , I own a polaris rzr 900 trail and a pioneer 500 . Honda is better built and much easier to maintain . That's my 2 cents worth .

Interesting! I've been thinking about a Polaris Rzr 900 trail lately. I know I just got my P500...but the 50" width and 900 motor are enticing. I also like the thought of turf mode and power steering (from the factory).

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Interesting! I've been thinking about a Polaris Rzr 900 trail lately. I know I just got my P500...but the 50" width and 900 motor are enticing. I also like the thought of turf mode and power steering (from the factory).
PoPo / Honda
Sport / Utility
fire / no fire
you pick...
ps....I'm not a
PoPo fan...at All

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
When you pulling the trigger on that? I see a lot of people out there having fun on those.

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
When you pulling the trigger on that? I see a lot of people out there having fun on those.
No time frame yet. I want to get more time on my P500. I'm just in research mode at the moment. My buddy had a RZR800 that I drove and liked it. That was a few years back too. I'll keep you guys posted for sure!

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Well you have a Honda back up so go for it ! The trail is fast and furious !

Reactions: doolin64
P

Pioneer500

Jan 12, 2017
Dayton, Nv.
Ownership

1. 500

Thanks
I went with the h 500 because it is supposed to fit in a pickup bed and the forest service has width restriction (50) inches on some trails not all.

Reactions: rocmar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I went with the h 500 because it is supposed to fit in a pickup bed and the forest service has width restriction (50) inches on some trails not all.
It does fit, nicely. Back it in.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

That is a small beast, would get it too if I wanted to fly on the trails, I like slower pace and worry free ride.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!