P1000 Newbie trying to decide on 1000-3

H

Highcountry356

Jul 4, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Newbie here that has nothing to bring to this forum (yet) as I don't own a SxS. I actually just found this site today and must say, I am impressed with the amount of information you members have shared. For those of you that don't mind sharing info with a guy asking for it on his first post, I thank you.

Here is my situation. I am looking to buy one of the following: Honda Pioneer 1000-3 LE or a Yamaha Wolverine X2 or X4. I am leaning toward the Honda but after reading through the reviews on this site, I was surprised by the amount of issues and recalls.

Would I be safe to assume that all the problems from the earlier model years have been rectified on the 2020 and 2021 models? Things like heat in the cab area, clutch issues, vent issues, water encroachment, etc. The biggie for me is heat in the cab and it seems like some think it's fixed and some say it's not. A few years ago, I had a Rhino 700 with a hard cab and the heat was unbearable and I will be putting a hard cab or soft cab on this machine also.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide to help me make an informed decision.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Newbie here that has nothing to bring to this forum (yet) as I don't own a SxS. I actually just found this site today and must say, I am impressed with the amount of information you members have shared. For those of you that don't mind sharing info with a guy asking for it on his first post, I thank you.

Here is my situation. I am looking to buy one of the following: Honda Pioneer 1000-3 LE or a Yamaha Wolverine X2 or X4. I am leaning toward the Honda but after reading through the reviews on this site, I was surprised by the amount of issues and recalls.

Would I be safe to assume that all the problems from the earlier model years have been rectified on the 2020 and 2021 models? Things like heat in the cab area, clutch issues, vent issues, water encroachment, etc. The biggie for me is heat in the cab and it seems like some think it's fixed and some say it's not. A few years ago, I had a Rhino 700 with a hard cab and the heat was unbearable and I will be putting a hard cab or soft cab on this machine also.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide to help me make an informed decision.
You gonna get heat in any of them. The 'fixes' help a lot, but does not make it go away in the summer time.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from the Grate North Of the Grate Lakes!
ok, now most of if not all the fixes, Recalls and the like should be addressed with the newer models. I would suggest, when u purchase your Honda to have the dealer check and preform all updates/recalls currant.
Like stated above, I don’t care what u have, your gona get heat. One things for sure tho, this site has every witch way of Sunday to help you Address the heat situation.

Reactions: TripleB and Isaiah
R

rickoshea

you'll be happy for cab heat in a colorado winter.i'm in central British Columbia,and i appreciate all the cab heat i can get in the winter,i run mine with tracks and get out almost daily.windshield,roof,mid panel and wiper are a must in the snow.the only issue with my 2019 p1k5 was the foot pedal recall.the dealer was supposed to have done it prior to sale but apparently didn't.and expect to have to adjust some cables.

Reactions: TripleB and Isaiah
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Another welcome from The Great Lakes State :cool:

Cab heat is part of owning any SxS. There are ways to reduce it and make it much more comfortable. As @Remington said, make sure the dealer does all the mechanical updates and you will be fine.

#NTC

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Both of those machines are great choices, I personally feel like the Honda has an edge but you can’t go wrong either way.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!