Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well it's getting cold now and as much as I've been liking the seat heat it's not enough so it's about time for a change. I've got an idea but this one will require some serious thought because of the logistics. Hope to get it right and I've got my beautiful helper to assist but this won't be a day project like the chop top however it is related.
IMG 7119

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are you pulling now? If you're making your own enclosure I'm gonna be jealous. Not because you're doing it (cause I have spent several hours planning one) but because you have time to work on it. Come on spill the beans man!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What are you pulling now? If you're making your own enclosure I'm gonna be jealous. Not because you're doing it (cause I have spent several hours planning one) but because you have time to work on it. Come on spill the beans man!!!
You're a very smart man. We both have a long road ahead of us!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You're a very smart man. We both have a long road ahead of us!
I've said it before and I'll say it again. 2 like minded souls lol. My goal was to make one without the huge gaps in it like factory one has. It's not that big of a deal here in TN. I'm sure your winters are ALOT worse than ours lol. I will keep a very close eye on this one. I threw away several 4x8 sheets of lexan when my old plant shut down. No room to store and never figured I'd need them. Little did I know .....lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There's 100 ways to do the same thing usually but this is a little tougher. Had three different options but all will fail for what I wanted. I want tough convertible hard doors that seal well and under 30sec to remove for storage behind the rear seats. They can't stick out past the cage or they'll be litter, need to hold up in the sticks with dependable easy replaced parts. I want them super lightweight for overall stability. Since you've been looking at it I'm sure you know the difficulty of the angles of the doors and front windshield edge to the roof. Not positive yet what the middle variables are but moving in on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's 100 ways to do the same thing usually but this is a little tougher. Had three different options but all will fail for what I wanted. I want tough convertible hard doors that seal well and under 30sec to remove for storage behind the rear seats. They can't stick out past the cage or they'll be litter, need to hold up in the sticks with dependable easy replaced parts. I want them super lightweight for overall stability. Since you've been looking at it I'm sure you know the difficulty of the angles of the doors and front windshield edge to the roof. Not positive yet what the middle variables are but moving in on it.

WOW, you're asking alot more than I was. You've got one really rough row to hoe (as we say down here in the promised land lol)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Don't forget to ask you assistant for her in put, she seems like a good kid. Lol

She's my favorite person in the whole world. She helped keep me on the right road for years my reasoning for our life as we know it. I'll be by her side if ever needed and appreciate how much she's helps. She loves working with me on the Pioneer I just need to slow down more to let her help. Sharp she's a great kid!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
WOW, you're asking alot more than I was. You've got one really rough row to hoe (as we say down here in the promised land lol)
No guarantees buddy. Id love to say I got this but it could fail. Going to give it hell Mama is cold...

IMG 7122

First step is done headed home it was a long day at work and I stuck around an additional couple hours to get here. I'm tired.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
She's my favorite person in the whole world. She helped keep me on the right road for years my reasoning for our life as we know it. I'll be by her side if ever needed and appreciate how much she's helps. She loves working with me on the Pioneer I just need to slow down more to let her help. Sharp she's a great kid!

Well said my friend! It's awesome to share these experiences with your kids ! I really appreciate you sharing!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well said my friend! It's awesome to share these experiences with your kids ! I really appreciate you sharing!

Thank you so much Tiger! I know you're a great family man so that means something!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Make a template as you go so you can reproduce!!

I could but it would only be for the exact same chopped roof. I'm not 100% sure if it's going to work but we're ready to start cutting and drilling some new holes.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've said it before and I'll say it again. 2 like minded souls lol. My goal was to make one without the huge gaps in it like factory one has. It's not that big of a deal here in TN. I'm sure your winters are ALOT worse than ours lol. I will keep a very close eye on this one. I threw away several 4x8 sheets of lexan when my old plant shut down. No room to store and never figured I'd need them. Little did I know .....lol.

I may can help you with that lexan.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You missed the part where I said it got thrown away lol. One of my many regrets. But when you're filtering through 98k sqft of building trying to decide what you wanna take home or throw out, some regrets will be made lol.

Haha.....I mean to say I've got some 5'x3' panels that I'll prob never use. They are 3/8" thick I believe.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!