BOX1

P1000 No dash light? Gauges, but no light.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Edit, Did some digging. Our search sucks here. Or I am an idiot.
But I did find it.

Click the U-turn arrow to go to his thread with all the pictures.
How To Make Your Dash Another Color.

1. Remove fender and door on driver side
View attachment 69617
2. Pull back boot and unplug the gauges
View attachment 69626
3. Remove a total of 7 screws these can be a bit tricky not alot of clearance have a few different sized screw drivers
The red lines below show the locations of the screws and same on opposite side of plug
View attachment 69627
4. Next wrangle that cluster on out of that hole and commence to removafying a few more screws
View attachment 69628
View attachment 69629
5. Now carefully place the circuit board on a safe surface. You will see several tiny LEDs like this one I am pointing at in this first picture. I removed the amber LED by desoldering it and placing a small amount of glue over contacts. The second picture shows where the AMBER light will be. It may not be necessary to remove this light I was just afraid it may bleed through the other color strip.
View attachment 69630 View attachment 69631
6. Next you will see white plastic piece with a clear area up top. This is where the light is diffused through the panel. In the middle is the notch that I assume the amber LED sits in.
View attachment 69632
7. Take A LED strip of your color and choosing and cut it to the correct length most will fit in that slot just fine try to make sure the leds are equally spaced (centered). On the led strips there is usually a place that has a line with scissors denoting you can cut it at that spot. Don't cut anywhere else or they will not work. I used this particular strip and had several left over as they are all connected to eachother. But you can get these lights in a two pack or install the light on floor board if that is your thing. I choose them because they are dimmable and can be several colors. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075MFDQFY/?tag=sxsweb24-20
View attachment 69633 View attachment 69634
8. Now take the light strip and place it LED down toward clear diffuser and tape then use a little glue or epoxy to hold in place. It shows painter tape in this picture this is just an example on my broken gauges.
View attachment 69635
9. Run those wires through the back for now (Note: On the lights I used from amazon I did cut the wire run them through and solder them back together) and reassemble the gauge cluster. You may want to run something like silicone to make your gauge more waterproof I did fill these hole and ran a small bead of silicone along the outside of the casing.
View attachment 69637 View attachment 69636

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It sucks or I'm an idiot too. Good possibility
I can't seem to find the button anymore that allows me to view all the threads a specific member has started. If we still had that, I would have been able to find it quicker. Justin was active, but I don't recall him starting many threads.

Reactions: Smitty335
Island Pioneer

Island Pioneer

Dec 6, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s great, Thanks #2! Gives me at least a visual of what it kinda looks like. Idk if I will get to digging into that right now. I have too much going on and it’s riding season up here on Vancouver Island. I might get more ambitious in the summer when it is too dusty for riding and we hit the lakes. I will check out the @Kilo427 thread and go from there. Much appreciated Neohio, good info. If ever dive into it I will try to post some info/pics.

Reactions: Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!