Talon NOAM NUTV5-s

Jon_MT

Jon_MT

Jul 11, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just installed the NOAM NUTV5-S system in the Talon. Sounds great but it's a nightmare to find a place to mount the amp. I had never really looked before but there is pretty much zero places to install under the dash. Had to mount it under the hood by the firewall. Hopefully, the water stays out enough.

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just installed the NOAM NUTV5-S system in the Talon. Sounds great but it's a nightmare to find a place to mount the amp. I had never really looked before but there is pretty much zero places to install under the dash. Had to mount it under the hood by the firewall. Hopefully, the water stays out enough.

Did you remove the colored plastic piece between the hood and the cab? There should be a decent amount of room in there near the glovebox or potentially over the glovebox. You may end up having to make yourself a bracket of some sort, but it shouldn't be too terribly bad to do.

I'm curious to see some photos of where you mounted your components, especially their subwoofer. I've looked at it before, but am waiting it out to see what other companies offer in terms of enclosures (ideally a glovebox enclosure).

Jon_MT

Jon_MT

Jul 11, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
Did you remove the colored plastic piece between the hood and the cab? There should be a decent amount of room in there near the glovebox or potentially over the glovebox. You may end up having to make yourself a bracket of some sort, but it shouldn't be too terribly bad to do.

I'm curious to see some photos of where you mounted your components, especially their subwoofer. I've looked at it before, but am waiting it out to see what other companies offer in terms of enclosures (ideally a glovebox enclosure).

yep. I screwed it to the cage just forward of the dash. I had to move my XTC bus bar though which was installed in that location. I'll get a picture of the sub install afterwork and post it.

Reactions: jasond
Jon_MT

Jon_MT

Jul 11, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
IMG 20190730 143527
IMG 20190730 143534
Here are some pictures. The center rear bracket on the roof forced me to move the sub to the side a little bit. IMG 20190730 143545

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just an FYI, I was running one of those in my pioneer for a while, mounted high under the hood and when it would get hot, the amp would thermal shutdown. If we stopped and it cooled off, it would come back on. So, if it shuts down, that’s the first thing I’d look at - you might have to move it.

It did it even when it was cold out... think the radiator fan blowing all that hot air under the hood was just too much for it.

It’s possible I just had an overly sensitive one though, maybe you’ll have better luck.

Jon_MT

Jon_MT

Jul 11, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just an FYI, I was running one of those in my pioneer for a while, mounted high under the hood and when it would get hot, the amp would thermal shutdown. If we stopped and it cooled off, it would come back on. So, if it shuts down, that’s the first thing I’d look at - you might have to move it.

It did it even when it was cold out... think the radiator fan blowing all that hot air under the hood was just too much for it.

It’s possible I just had an overly sensitive one though, maybe you’ll have better luck.

Thanks for the heads-up. Makes perfect sense that it would do as you described. I pray I don't have that issue! I road it 20 miles in 80'ish degree weather and it seemed fine but a lot of that was at highway speed.

spentcoins

spentcoins

Apr 19, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Talon R
How do yall wash/clean your buggies if you have the amps exposed? I put mine overhead in a Pelican box and it does not overheat. It's a Kicker 300/4

lundy

lundy

L&W FAB
Apr 30, 2019
bremen ga
Ownership

1. Talon R
My amp is water proof it’s a marine amp. Trailstaraudio.com is where you need to look to buy your marine audio!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: Mudwing
lundy

lundy

L&W FAB
Apr 30, 2019
bremen ga
Ownership

1. Talon R
That's a nice amp, JL Audio makes good sh**! They're still calling it resistant though and not proof. Wouldn't be too concerned hitting it with some spray but I'd do everything possible not to submerge it. ;)
yea, you're right it does say resistant! maybe i just got lucky lol

Reactions: trigger and Mudwing
Jon_MT

Jon_MT

Jul 11, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
The NOAM one says to not put it where it would directly get submerged and not a place where it would get power washed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!