Noisy pioneer

T

trapperm

May 28, 2017
Bemidji Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey,
I have a 2017 700-2 Deluxe.... The noise level in my machine seems to be about what I expected. I have the windshield and roof. I guess you could consider it noisy at high RPM's, but at cruising speeds , it seems fine to me...the wife and I can talk and hear the radio....but if I get after it , then of course the noise level goes up. We were cruising down a fire road the other day at 40 mph on level ground and it didn't seem too bad to me. I don't have anything to compare it to as in the Polaris you mentioned...so the Honda sound level is normal for me. It is also the way you use it...We use it around the farm and casual trail rides with a few bursts of fast excitement mixed in...If I was getting after it a lot more , then I may notice the noise more...
Just FYI...

I did notice the overall noise level seemed to be a bit lower with the rear seats put into the cargo position (as opposed to seating.) I never did operate the machine much before installing the roof though.

I might just be better served wearing the ear plugs as I should likely be doing in the first place.

Reactions: Deluxe700
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't think my 700-4 is annoyingly loud. Wearing a helmet blocks the sound some what. But if it bothers you that much, look into a silencer for the exhaust.

T

the-op

Aug 3, 2017
Tampa, Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
The only part I thought was loud was all the rattling from the doors and bed. I just took some strips of duct tape and wrapped that around the hinge bars. Made a huge difference. Engine noise, unless I'm really cruising down the road has never been an issue.

Reactions: Mudwing
GravelBat

GravelBat

Sep 5, 2016
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree, I don't think it's any louder than any other machine I've been in.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have 50 miles on my 1000 delux 5 seat. from two outings mainly on gravel roads.
When I get going about 15 mph and above there is a noise that sounds like loose tin rattling which is annoying and pretty loud. I checkd to see if there was any tin loose and could not find any. Is this a normal sound from the 1000?
I had the same problem. Remove your seat bottom and you'll see a network of rods that are tie wrapped together to hold up the floor. ( Engineer must've been smokin the good stuff that day). Stuff some foam between the rods and floor and it quiets down the rattle.

Reactions: Superfan75
I

Icecreammike

Aug 13, 2017
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm new to this forum/ club but Ive had my Honda 1000-3 for about a year ( sold a Polaris 900xp to get it) and the cab is noisy, but the heat is horrible ( from the engine on the seats) my wife HATES it. I'm a Honda fan and couldn't wait to get 1 but I have to agree the heat is BAD. Also have wondered about transmission noises ?? Anyone had a problem with theirs ? It seems to have a shudder or vibration on any kind of incline, shifts fine on flat surface, anyone else have this issue or is this normal ??

Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
I tried the electrical tape on the door latches and tailgate latches and I can't believe how much quoted that made it. I didn't really think it was loud, but I figured I'd try it to see what would happen. I think I'm also going to pull the floor and put some foam between those rods and wrap the header and see what happens. If it ends up even cooler and quiter than it already is than that's great. I like doing simple cheap mods that make a big difference.

Reactions: Max718
B

bobhonda

Mar 17, 2015
i think the air intake behind the passenger seat, could be the major source of high revolution noise, as i noticed.
so, i will certainly do this modification that i find very interesting!

air intake noise

thanks,

H

Hrnjicn1

Mar 1, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
So people only talk here no solution , i read posts everybody writing issues but nobody yet said what would help reduce noice it’s horrible my ears hurt driving half mile after installing roof and windshield

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So people only talk here no solution , i read posts everybody writing issues but nobody yet said what would help reduce noice it’s horrible my ears hurt driving half mile after installing roof and windshield
This thread is 7.5 years old and not been commented on in over 3 years. Start a thread and tell everyone what you think is noisy and you might get some help or solutions.

H

Hrnjicn1

Mar 1, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
This thread is 7.5 years old and not been commented on in over 3 years. Start a thread and tell everyone what you think is noisy and you might get some help or solutions.
Thank you been looking for solution too lol

H

hadleycat

Oct 15, 2020
Metamora MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the 700-2. I rolled up a moving pad and stuffed in the void between the seat bottom and the seat back. Made a decent difference in the noise coming from the air intake and the engine. Sedona Coyote tires are quiter than the stock tires. With these two mods I am much happier with the noise. I also have the Honda hard roof, windshield, soft doors, and soft rear panel.

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
H

Hrnjicn1

Mar 1, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the 700-2. I rolled up a moving pad and stuffed in the void between the seat bottom and the seat back. Made a decent difference in the noise coming from the air intake and the engine. Sedona Coyote tires are quiter than the stock tires. With these two mods I am much happier with the noise. I also have the Honda hard roof, windshield, soft doors, and soft rear panel.
Thank you great advice I wa s looking for some better tires to buy and then I bought some
Plastic sheet in Home Depot to
Install behind seats

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!