Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Lost one of two keys and reviewed some threads for a lesson learned. So just added my Pioneer to my phone contact list with the key code, just incase I loose the second key.

3B6EFA6B 3A01 4653 83AB 0D55A578B119

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had dealer put in owners manual but like the phone thing

Reactions: Mudwing
H

HondaTech

Wonder if the ignition switch has the code stamped on it like the ATVS?

If it does, you can just pull the switch out and cut it off that.

Or if your dealer is good enough to record the code in their system, then they can cut one easily.

Reactions: BWAF
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
So went to dealer to get replacement key. They would not make one based on just the key code, they would only make a duplicate from an original key. Don’t know if this was just a local dealer policy for anti-theft or if a Honda policy. If true, always keep a spare key in a safe place. Factory key is in my safe if needed again for a clean copy, copy cut key in use.

Last edited:
BrassHatDiver

BrassHatDiver

Feb 17, 2020
SE Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
mind if I ask, how much did they charge you for a new key?
thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!