OE Honda switch plate and harness required?

P

Peakriver

Mar 16, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have an X that has a completely stock electrical system, I’m planning on adding the following:
Honda wiper
Winch
Corbin Customs turn signals
Light bar or pods.
Perhaps an inferno heater.
I see lots of wiring products sold by numerous companies and even this Forum.

My confusion is do I need the Honda wiring and switches or do these aftermarket options do the same thing?

I really want a clean electrical install and hopefully troublefree.

Reactions: Isaiah
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Save the trouble and start a conversation with @Hondasxs
Once you tell him exactly what you need, I'm sure he will be able to custom tailor a system for you with minimal invasion of the stock wiring.

Reactions: Isaiah and Mudwing
P

Peakriver

Mar 16, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
Save the trouble and start a conversation with @Hondasxs
Once you tell him exactly what you need, I'm sure he will be able to custom tailor a system for you with minimal invasion of the stock wiring.
Ok great I’ll do that

Reactions: Isaiah
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks a lot @Neohio for the mention

Man, id love to make one. But the current issues has me somewhat held up. I am jnable to take on any custom work at this time.

I can offer any advice if needed.
Thanks.

Reactions: Mudwing and Isaiah
ScottyP123

ScottyP123

May 17, 2020
Northern Nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thank you @Hondasxs for what you are doing! I’m new to the scene and also had questions about all the wiring products and electrical system the Talon has. Is there a thread on the electrical system and ways to upgrade it. Thanks again for your time. We are picking up our 2020 4 seater tomorrow!!! I will be ordering my wench and plate setup from you soon!!

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
Moab_Marty

Moab_Marty

Jul 12, 2019
Moab + Western CO
Ownership

1. Talon R
@Peakriver.... You are planning similar things to what I am in the middle of.

I am using a switch plate from XTC Power Products. I bouught switches separately, and making a home built panel with a high current relay triggered by the " key on power" and fused for 80 Amps where I take power from Honda's Winch Power pre-wire. I am also using a 10 circuit power waterproof distribution panel with 5 - fused 30 Amp relays and 5 -separate fused circuits ( 5 to 15 A as required).

Distribution panel located above and to the side of glove box in firewall. Want to make sure I can't drain the battery with key off and protect all wiring from accessory faults ( shorts).

I bought an aftermarket rubber shield (Ebay) that spans the entire width of the firewall to replace the stock shield that only covers the driver side half of the firewall.

I included some photos of my work in progress. I will clean up and protect wiring before I call it done. Reliability is super important to me. ( after all that's why we buy Honda.... Right? )

20200531 143309 20200531 143351 20200531 162957

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!