OEM Honda molded fender flares are a thing...

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Part# 0SF70-HL6-A01 Saw them on a guys new Talon on Facebook. Could not find them anywhere online. Called my dealer and they had a set in stock. $448 list. $366 on Partzilla but I prefer to support my local dealer. Dealer sold them to me for $400. They are not even in the latest accessory catalog that I could find. Replaced my XL MudBusters with them tonight. I like them a lot. Of course I had to use my favorite stainless/anodized hardware where I could. More coverage on the front that the MB XL's. Pretty much the same on the rear but the MB's are a bit longer in the back. I do like how the MB's cover some nooks and crannies under the rear so we'll see how that goes. I might cut the rears and add part of the rears back in to cover those spots. Last pic the the OEM rubber flap compared to the MB's/ It's wider and longer. Pretty excited that the factory flares cover the 10x32 Roxxzillas even with them on 0 offset beadlocks.

IMG 9983

IMG 9996

IMG 0006

IMG 0002

IMG 0004

IMG 0003

IMG 0009

IMG 0007

IMG 9986

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Looks good. Mudbusters have been very forgiving for me. I’ve had them smashed against trees and cliffs and though they have some crinkles they are holding up well. Let us know how much these can take.

Moab_Marty

Moab_Marty

Jul 12, 2019
Moab + Western CO
Ownership

1. Talon R
Couldn't see from the attached photos in post #1, Is there any support brackets for the rear upper section ?
I also use 32" tires, would be interested in seeing pics of mud pattern after a muddy ride, even the driver left shoulder ;-)

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Couldn't see from the attached photos in post #1, Is there any support brackets for the rear upper section ?
I also use 32" tires, would be interested in seeing pics of mud pattern after a muddy ride, even the driver left shoulder ;-)
I was just about to make a post with some pics from last weekend's ride...

There is a bracket on the back of the rear flares that attaches to the side of the bed. One casualty of the weekend was the bolts holding the left bracket pulled through the bedside when I whacked a tree. Honda provided button head Allen bolts with no washers so there wasn't much meat for the bolt head to grab. I added some fender washers so we'll see how that works on future rides. Got a tree on the right front also. Not even a scratch on either flare.

52207713588 33171e04b6 b

52206684862 57f8727484 b

The only other negative I found was the front flaps mount in such a way that there is an open cavity between the flap and the flare. Honda made a drain hole in the bottom of the flare but heavy mud like we were in just packed that cavity full. Had to pull some push pins to clear it. I'd predict this is going to happen on virtually every ride that has any mud involved.

52207691796 076c87ff21 b

52207961109 65b96ca2bc b

Overall I really like the flares. The rear coverage seems to be just as good as the MudBusterXL's and the front is better. There was a ton of mud packed under the Talon but much less on the outside. The flaps did a great job of limiting the mud buildup on the nerf bars and lower doors. Those places are always totally covered making it impossible to get in and out without wearing a good amount of mud. Much more manageable now.

This pic is with the MudBusters. You can see how much splatter there is up the side.

52207967399 c6989040ac b

And with the Honda flares.

52207961454 6bb5fbfb6d b

Last weekend's ride was an odd mix of mud and dust so much of what you see on the outside of the Talon is actually dust and not mud.

52207961299 66b416bf36 b

Last edited:
jz3r9n

jz3r9n

Jun 16, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Is yours an X or R? How wide does it make your Talon in the front and rear? Wondering to see how it will fit in our Toy Hauler.

Reactions: Smitty335
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Is yours an X or R? How wide does it make your Talon in the front and rear? Wondering to see how it will fit in our Toy Hauler.
Ours is an X but it's 69" wide with the wheel and tire combo that's on it now and the flares are just bout even with the tires on both ends. Still works great in our Momentum 31G. I can walk around it just fine.

52147417908 a3a85f0f14 b

jz3r9n

jz3r9n

Jun 16, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Ours is an X but it's 69" wide with the wheel and tire combo that's on it now and the flares are just bout even with the tires on both ends. Still works great in our Momentum 31G. I can walk around it just fine.

View attachment 356099
Thanks Terry. Our Toy hauler has fold down benches on both sides, so my concern is clearing them. So you think no wider than 70" ? Thanks.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Rear Mubusters were installed on my 19 Talon X after one weekend ride. They work well but will sag with mud load. They always return to original position though. These wide flares look better than Mudbusters. However, I'm interested in how they hold up to impacts because my skinny factory fenders are cracked from tagging trees in the tight woods down here.

jz3r9n

jz3r9n

Jun 16, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Terry, I just looked closer at the front flaps and they really hand down low.. have you had any issues with them catching when going through deep mud and/or ruts/rocks?

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Terry, I just looked closer at the front flaps and they really hand down low.. have you had any issues with them catching when going through deep mud and/or ruts/rocks?
They're soft rubber so they are very flexible. No issues with them at all.

Reactions: CID and jz3r9n
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Part# 0SF70-HL6-A01 Saw them on a guys new Talon on Facebook. Could not find them anywhere online. Called my dealer and they had a set in stock. $448 list. $366 on Partzilla but I prefer to support my local dealer. Dealer sold them to me for $400. They are not even in the latest accessory catalog that I could find. Replaced my XL MudBusters with them tonight. I like them a lot. Of course I had to use my favorite stainless/anodized hardware where I could. More coverage on the front that the MB XL's. Pretty much the same on the rear but the MB's are a bit longer in the back. I do like how the MB's cover some nooks and crannies under the rear so we'll see how that goes. I might cut the rears and add part of the rears back in to cover those spots. Last pic the the OEM rubber flap compared to the MB's/ It's wider and longer. Pretty excited that the factory flares cover the 10x32 Roxxzillas even with them on 0 offset beadlocks.

View attachment 341290

View attachment 341291

View attachment 341292

View attachment 341293

View attachment 341294

View attachment 341295

View attachment 341296

View attachment 341297

View attachment 341298
Do you still like these fender extensions vs mudbusters?

jz3r9n

jz3r9n

Jun 16, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Well I guess its time to order a set. Thanks for the reply
I second what @TerryH said. I put mine on just before our second trip to Hatfield McCoy (West Virginia), and it made a world of difference from our first trip down there. Left leg = clean, rear cargo area = clean. One of the best things $$ can buy for our Talon.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!