Official 2020 Silverton Colorado Planner

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is the official (per Montecresto's instructions) ride planner for the 2020 Silverton ride.
Can the club staff add a RSVP and whatever else is needed to the post?
Ride date will be 8/31 - 9/4 2020 (Monday to Friday).

Please RSVP at the top of the page. Look for REGISTER
OR
Click this LINK to register --> https://hondasxs.com/threads/official-2020-silverton-colorado-planner.19516/rsvp-register

ByronM - 2 - Toy Hauler and a 700
giboshi - 2 - have Honda 500
hoghead76 - 2 - Bringing RV
JACKAL - 2
Montecresto - 2 - Will be in RV
orangecrate - 2 - Should be in the toybox
Smitty335 - 1 - I'm a bum
stellarpod - 2
Wallace - 2
wrwtexan - 8 - 6+2
Total: 25

Last edited by a moderator:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
While waiting for an RSVP, the wife and I are in. OHV stickers will be needed but if ordering them on line, we must wait till after April 2020 as stickers are good for one year from that date. A sticker purchased before that will expire then.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ahh... First time being the ramrod and have no idea what needs to be done. I need some hepp down hera!:p
Your over the first hurdle! The dates are set. Next is to do some pre planning on what trails and where t meet every morning. I studied the trail maps for 2 or 3 months before the Colorado group ride this September.
Get some of the locals in a PM and they can help ya ALOT!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
While waiting for an RSVP, the wife and I are in. OHV stickers will be needed but if ordering them on line, we must wait till after April 2020 as stickers are good for one year from that date. A sticker purchased before that will expire then.
Can I go? You know what I mean! HA! 2019 was great fun!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ahh... First time being the ramrod and have no idea what needs to be done. I need some hepp down hera!:p
Do you know what campground is near trailheads or cabins/motel that you intend on staying in?

Reactions: Biteme
wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your over the first hurdle! The dates are set. Next is to do some pre planning on what trails and where t meet every morning. I studied the trail maps for 2 or 3 months before the Colorado group ride this September.
Get some of the locals in a PM and they can help ya ALOT!

Not being arrogant but I know these trails like the back of my hand. This will be year 5 for us. On the Silverton side, the only one I haven't been to is Pole Creek above Stony Pass. We have been up Yankee Boy above Ouray and turned back on Imogene for rain. I can be Mr. Map and lead the group if needed.

Can I go? You know what I mean! HA! 2019 was great fun!
We we're hoping you'd be there!

Do you know what campground is near trailheads or cabins/motel that you intend on staying in?
Silverlake Campground is at the northeast end of town but OHV's are allowed throughout town on designated routes. Red Mountain Motel/RV is at southwest end by Durango Silverton terminal and OHV parking area. Many vacation rentals are available in town, just make sure they are on the accessible routes so you can ride straight out.
The Triangle Motel is around 10th on Green Street (Main) and has lodging and gas.
Ohv20rOUTE20mAP2017
As far as trailheads, if one stays in Silverton, we can all meet in town anywhere on the route and head out from there. Several places offer good breakfast stuff to make an early getaway

A neat place to get an idea of the area history is a self guided tour through the Mayflower Mill and then a tour into the Old Hundred Gold Mine while there.
For sore bones or the wives to get away to is the hot springs pools in Ouray.
Ouray hot springs pool evening dhm design clowardh2o

We are planning on reserving the White Wolf lodge on 14th Street towards Kendall Mountain. there will be my wife and I and our 4 kiddos and likely our couple friends but it sleeps 12 so there may be a spot or two available there. It is a very OHV friendly town (abiding the rules) and makes a great base to go from.

First trail is less than 2 miles out towards the loop across from the Mayflower Mill.

Check out VRBO.com or the app for cabin lodging and look up the campgrounds (Silverlakes, Red Mountain RV).

There are also 'Greenery' stores in town for 'those' interested. :cool::rolleyes:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not being arrogant but I know these trails like the back of my hand. This will be year 5 for us. On the Silverton side, the only one I haven't been to is Pole Creek above Stony Pass. We have been up Yankee Boy above Ouray and turned back on Imogene for rain. I can be Mr. Map and lead the group if needed.

We we're hoping you'd be there!

Silverlake Campground is at the northeast end of town but OHV's are allowed throughout town on designated routes. Red Mountain Motel/RV is at southwest end by Durango Silverton terminal and OHV parking area. Many vacation rentals are available in town, just make sure they are on the accessible routes so you can ride straight out.
The Triangle Motel is around 10th on Green Street (Main) and has lodging and gas.
View attachment 162383
As far as trailheads, if one stays in Silverton, we can all meet in town anywhere on the route and head out from there. Several places offer good breakfast stuff to make an early getaway

A neat place to get an idea of the area history is a self guided tour through the Mayflower Mill and then a tour into the Old Hundred Gold Mine while there.
For sore bones or the wives to get away to is the hot springs pools in Ouray.
View attachment 162384

We are planning on reserving the White Wolf lodge on 14th Street towards Kendall Mountain. there will be my wife and I and our 4 kiddos and likely our couple friends but it sleeps 12 so there may be a spot or two available there. It is a very OHV friendly town (abiding the rules) and makes a great base to go from.

First trail is less than 2 miles out towards the loop across from the Mayflower Mill.

Check out VRBO.com or the app for cabin lodging and look up the campgrounds (Silverlakes, Red Mountain RV).

There are also 'Greenery' stores in town for 'those' interested. :cool::rolleyes:
Good god the mighty, don’t let mama see those hot springs pools......:eek:

Which campground is closest to the motel or cabins you stay at?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
First I've heard of this ride, may show up a week early at yall's house, so I don't miss the ride! HA! I'm in! That was pretty bad 2019!
RSVP..........

Reactions: Biteme
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
First I've heard of this ride, may show up a week early at yall's house, so I don't miss the ride! HA! I'm in! That was pretty bad 2019!
I fired two key positions in our company two weeks before, office manager and key service tec. Put an add in the news paper for a office manager, didn't want another millennial thinking person to work with, it worked, this lady in her early thirty's knows nuts and bolts of business!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Silverlakes.
Met @orangecrate and his wife this year out there, great people! They took us on a guided trip, great fun! Thank you! I traveled with @Montecresto and better half, @Tramguage1 and better half and @CaptainJack and better half, Cyndi, Pam and Tracy, I was just trying to insult the guys/better half! HA! Salt of the earth members as well as many members I didn't mention or meet yet! Look forward to meeting all of you!

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I fired two key positions in our company two weeks before, office manager and key service tec. Put an add in the news paper for a office manager, didn't want another millennial thinking person to work with, it worked, this lady in her early thirty's knows nuts and bolts of business!
You do know that early thirties is still a millennial, right?? Not saying all in their thirties think like the typical millennial, but still...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You do know that early thirties is still a millennial, right?? Not saying all in their thirties think like the typical millennial, but still...
HA! I said she didn't think like a millennial, that's why I put an add in the news paper and she doesn't have a long beard! HA!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Don’t do anything like that right before this ride....;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No, he’s an old man, he didn’t know that.....:D:D:D:D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!