Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a Garmin overlander and really like it. Have had a lot of others from cheap to expensive and the overlander is by far my favorite imo.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I ran a cheapo but waterproof android tablet for a couple of years. Loved the waterproof part of it but it's so out of date I doubt it would even run anymore not to mention run gps maps..... Glad you brought this subject back up to see what reasonable options are out there. Hopefully waterproof options...

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I run mine in a waterproof case and use a RAM Tab-Tite mounted on the upper front roll bar in the P1k

Headhunterf100

Headhunterf100

Oct 14, 2020
Virginia
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Do not currently own
maybe a stupid question but do those programs need cellular data to work or will they run without. I ask because i bought my wife a Samsung tablet couple years ago and she doesn't use it anymore......so i could acquire it easily lol

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Whats everyone using for digital trail maps? Cheap tablet, just your phone, old school paper map only, ear to the ground , smoke signals.......
I use Gaia on my iPad in conjunction with a Dual GPS receiver. Nice big screen and you can download Off-Line maps from Google to show really good satellite maps.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I use Backcountry navigator on a old android phone with no service on it. Their are 1000's of maps. It is $11 or $12 bucks but works great. It only works on android.

Havent heard that name in a while. I used Backcountry Nav for several years (up until about 2014 I think) all over the country hunting new farms. At the time it was the only maps app I could find that would reliably work without cell signal.

I've dumbed it down with dedicated hunting apps nowadays, but that was my standby back then

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I used a VV maps on a 7” Garmin GPS last fall, now experimenting with Avenza and RideCommand on an old Ipad Air2 with a Bad Elf bluetooth GPS

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I used a VV maps on a 7” Garmin GPS last fall, now experimenting with Avenza and RideCommand on an old Ipad Air2 with a Bad Elf bluetooth GPS
The Avenza maps on the Ipad worked awesome during our South Dakota Black Hills trip in July. We also ran Avenza on a Samsung S9 cellphone simultaneously. Both worked well, but the large screen on the Ipad was much more convenient. The maps were extremely accurate and detailed.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!