BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use a 10" Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. I've got multiple trail mapping apps I use: Gaia, Avenza, Orux, Ride Command
I know this thread is over a year old. But, I have a few questions:

Are you still using the Samsung or have you shifted to something else.

Does it have a GPS chip or does it rely on mobile network?

I am wanting to buy a tablet and go this route vs using my phone. I don't want to break the bank, but also don't want to go the cheap route and regret it later.

Looking at the Samsung Tab A8 on Amazon for under $200. But cannot tell if it has GPS capability or not.

Reactions: Smitty335
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I know this thread is over a year old. But, I have a few questions:

Are you still using the Samsung or have you shifted to something else.

Does it have a GPS chip or does it rely on mobile network?

I am wanting to buy a tablet and go this route vs using my phone. I don't want to break the bank, but also don't want to go the cheap route and regret it later.

Looking at the Samsung Tab A8 on Amazon for under $200. But cannot tell if it has GPS capability or not.
Yes I still use it and purchased one of the cheaper A8 tablets to use in the Talon. Both have GPS chips and both are WiFi only. I much prefer the higher end 10" tablet. The A8 is okay, but it's really laggy.

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh, OK. Thank you

Sorry, I misread and though you said A4 and assumed the A8 was just a newer version.
So, the S4 is the higher end one that works better?

Guess I need to do more research to understand the differences. Honestly, I told myself I would get this done as soon as I got back from the TO last year and hear I am. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Rayger143 and CID
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Oh, OK. Thank you

Sorry, I misread and though you said A4 and assumed the A8 was just a newer version.
So, the S4 is the higher end one that works better?

Guess I need to do more research to understand the differences. Honestly, I told myself I would get this done as soon as I got back from the TO last year and hear I am. LOL
The S4 was the highest end Samsung 10" tablet a few years ago when I bought it. Haven't looked at them much but there's definitely been a few more high end Samsung tablets released since then.

Reactions: BrophyCreek
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!