Oil Change Hack

H

Hsureddiepb

Mar 17, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone installed Fumoto oil drain valves? I’m trying to decide which model if so. I have an LE with factory skid plate, and it would be a game changer if I could find the right fit.

For those not aware, it’s essentially an on/off valve permanently in place of your oil drain plug. You can attach a hose to it for a tool free and mess free oil changes.
37438C8C B174 4013 BA46 D30BB17123C6

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
If no one here knows..... you could get yourself a thread pitch gauge or stop by the dealer and ask... I'm sure they have a stock oil plug on hand and any decent mechanic in the back could tell you what it is. Then just use that info on the fumoto site.

I'd suggest emailing fumoto but I'm guessing they don't want to promote their product for off road use.

H

Hsureddiepb

Mar 17, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did on trucks and cars but not the side x side. Did you contact Fumoto?

Only negative is slow drain rate.

I sent them an email a while back but they were unsure what would be a proper fit.

H

Hsureddiepb

Mar 17, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If no one here knows..... you could get yourself a thread pitch gauge or stop by the dealer and ask... I'm sure they have a stock oil plug on hand and any decent mechanic in the back could tell you what it is. Then just use that info on the fumoto site.

I'd suggest emailing fumoto but I'm guessing they don't want to promote their product for off road use.

Good idea. Thanks!

Reactions: Farmer
D

DDDonkey

I run one of these on my motorhome but would not fun one on a SxS. Even though you have a skid plate, one good hit and you could crack the oil pan, and don't forget you will need 2 of these to drain the oil. Just my thoughts, plus changing the oil is pretty easy, and if you need to drop the skid that is a great time to inspect everything else.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!