P1000m5 Oil Filter P1K-5

Biteme

Biteme

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2020
North West New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Local machinist willing to build a spin on oil filter adapter to install on my P1K-5 engine. Anyone here think of any pitfalls I could be facing by going with a spin on?

D

DDDonkey

Interested to see how that would work? Would you be building a spin on DCT filter also?

By creating a spin on filter it would be outside the frame the way I imagine it, so there is more chance of damage. Other then a few more ounces of oil capacity I would think that it a down fall over an advantage. Do you have an pics or diagrams of the design?

Biteme

Biteme

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2020
North West New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interested to see how that would work? Would you be building a spin on DCT filter also?

By creating a spin on filter it would be outside the frame the way I imagine it, so there is more chance of damage. Other then a few more ounces of oil capacity I would think that it a down fall over an advantage. Do you have an pics or diagrams of the design?
I think it can be done with a short spin on and still be inside the frame, no plans for the DTC yet. His draftsman is waiting on dimensions from myself to draw up in Autocad. Will try to get the dimensions to him after this coming weekend.