P1000 Oil light/ engine dies

Nruis89

Nruis89

Jan 4, 2021
Buchanan, Georgia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
New 2021 1000-5. 300 miles on it. Changed oil and filters. It drives fine and I’ve been riding it a lot. Well sometimes after driving a few miles. When I turn it off then turn it back on it will crank and die. Engine light will come on during that. Soon as I turn the key to crank it back up it cranks and has no more issues. Doesn’t really have me worried it’s just odd.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Doesn’t really have me worried
It should...

Do you say the check engine light comes on? It should be flashing.
Next time count the flashes and post.
How many long flashes and how many short flashes.

I would check your grounds on the battery, engine, and frame. It's common for those to be loose and cause a variety of sporadic issues.

Nruis89

Nruis89

Jan 4, 2021
Buchanan, Georgia
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It should...

Do you say the check engine light comes on? It should be flashing.
Next time count the flashes and post.
How many long flashes and how many short flashes.

I would check your grounds on the battery, engine, and frame. It's common for those to be loose and cause a variety of sporadic issues.
No the oil light comes on. Then dies. Crank it back up no oil light and runs fine.

Reactions: Lady01
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ok... IDK.
I assume you are not super quick starting. I mean giving it a second for the fuel pump to prime.
Hopefully it will clear up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!