BOX1

Old, slow, and dumb as dirt. WTF am I thinking?

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Wanted to introduce myself as a new member. Knew there had to be a place intro's were supposed to go I just could not find it.

This brings me to my post title. I'll be 67 in 6 weeks, I have a bad back and I'm not that bright (as you will see if you can stand reading this tripe). I do still like to get a little crazy, even after all these years. I have no experience in SXS's nor have I been able to ride a motorcycle for the last 7 years due to balance issues. I have a 1998 Toyota Tacoma and I still drive it like I stole it. I need to cool it in the truck so I was looking for some action and thought this might be the avenue.

Now I am taking delivery of a 2021 Red Pioneer 700-4 next week. I had no idea what I bought into. As I read reviews and posts it seems Honda left a lot of parts off my $14,000 SXS. No rear bumper, no skid plates, no grab bars, and many other missing assorted goodies. I am now at $20K and still don't have a winch. So my first dumb question - Does it ever stop or is it like a boat, a hole in the water you throw money into till the day you part?

I hope not, cause if my wife leaves I lose a bunch of income...

I am Rick from Reading MI, its nice to be on board!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Wanted to introduce myself as a new member. Knew there had to be a place intro's were supposed to go I just could not find it.

This brings me to my post title. I'll be 67 in 6 weeks, I have a bad back and I'm not that bright (as you will see if you can stand reading this tripe). I do still like to get a little crazy, even after all these years. I have no experience in SXS's nor have I been able to ride a motorcycle for the last 7 years due to balance issues. I have a 1998 Toyota Tacoma and I still drive it like I stole it. I need to cool it in the truck so I was looking for some action and thought this might be the avenue.

Now I am taking delivery of a 2021 Red Pioneer 700-4 next week. I had no idea what I bought into. As I read reviews and posts it seems Honda left a lot of parts off my $14,000 SXS. No rear bumper, no skid plates, no grab bars, and many other missing assorted goodies. I am now at $20K and still don't have a winch. So my first dumb question - Does it ever stop or is it like a boat, a hole in the water you throw money into till the day you part?

Damn kidz, get off my lawn. :p

Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. :cool:

Oh, and the spendin' never stops. :oops:

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I am Rick from Reading MI, its nice to be on board!.
First WELCOME! Skids are #1 on my list of improvements, roof #2, shortie windshield #3, winch #4 only if you ride by your self. I have a winch and have used it once since 2016. The rest is just pure speculation! HA!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I’ve built three Pioneers to date, it never ends. Go to the club store for your winch.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome fellow Michigander!

No the spending never stops!
hang around us long enough and will have your retirement and SS checks spent before you get them! Lol.

Yes, go with the hard roof!
stay away from the Parachute.

So when you get it we need Pics!
The unwritten bible verse here says Pics or it didnt happen! ;)

Raynman

Raynman

Sudo Flotation device inspector
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2019
Thumb area, Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another welcome from Michigan, you will actually stop spending money the day you sell it 🤣

Don't feel so bad, we're here to help you spend you money

Site store has many easy to install accessories

N

Nivek

Dec 30, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from Maine! I have a 21 700-2 deluxe and have the Honda hard coat split windshield , hard roof and soft mid/ rear window. The rear window has the zipper so it can be opened if not to dusty. Also got the extended arms so the wind shield opens up more. Still working on a winch $$.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Welcome to the forum, Rick. I'm older than you are and still afflicted by the same disease you are.

I've been an "old car guy" since childhood. I don't think it ever goes away until we do. Like you, I'm also new to the world of off road buggies because I'm too old to ride a Goldwing any longer.

I've added a two piece windshield, hard top, hard rear panel, soft upper doors, heater, bed mat, floor mats, and package rack to mine and just ordered a set of four take-off wheels and tires yesterday. Also an old Garmin.

I've also added a street legal lighting kit and mirrors and registered it for street use.

I'm not going to do much trail riding so not interested in a winch.

Keep having fun! If we're not enjoying life what's the use of hanging around?

You'll like this forum. There are 100s of years of experience with off-road buggies here and people who will share their experience.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
One more thing! We live in the same state, do yourself a favor and get a soft mid panel. Or youll be starting ANOTHER thread about dust!

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Welcome from Central N.Y

1st. You need to somehow get the wife ( MEAL TICKET ) interested in SXS Riding.
Then give Her & dealer a list of must have Missing Parts.
Roof
Windshield
CAB
HEATER
Seat Cover's/ With Seat Heater's
Once you have all of the must have comfort acc.
She will like riding & giving Orders while being Comfy.

Tread lite Don't want the Honda to be part of a settlement.

Last edited:
Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Maine! I have a 21 700-2 deluxe and have the Honda hard coat split windshield , hard roof and soft mid/ rear window. The rear window has the zipper so it can be opened if not to dusty. Also got the extended arms so the wind shield opens up more. Still working on a winch $$.
Is dust coming through the back a problem? I will be on a lot of gravel roads. I have a Honda hard roof and split windshield coming. The issue is Honda won't commit to a delivery date so I'm getting the unit now and adding those when they come in.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!