Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
On our way.
@Tramguage1 and I are headed to Montana to test drive the Pioneer 1000-6 Thursday.
The goal is to get a complete overview and some feedback on the 2nd row regarding leg room and whatnot.
Also, I expect the ride to be much better than the 3 or 5 so have to report back on that.
One of my focuses will be on the power steering and shifting pattern/loudness compared to the earlier models.
And that dreaded vibration rattle at a specific RPM range. Though recently, I actually think it's the floorboard supports.

I just learned this model is labeled the HL8.
There are several part #'s specifically for this model. You can find them by seeing which has a part # of HL8.
Updated parts include Brake pads, rotors, calipers, and other obvious parts.
The steering rack, Tie rod ends, and STATOR all seem to be specific to this model as well. .

The rear seat part #'s appear to be exactly the same as the front. So the biggest improvement to look at will be leg room.
Will the front also be improved is a great question.
Who can get me some measurement points to check between the front firewall and the seat?
I will pack a soft tape measure and take some.

My quick research also seems to suggest the axles shafts are larger for 2022/23 models vs the <2021's
Why would they go up to a 22mm hub shaft vs 20mm for 16-21 models? 32mm axle nut vs 30mm nut.
2022 Talon I think has the same update with shaft/nut up-sizing.
I will ask them.

Ok... We arrive tomorrow for a briefing and intro. All the riding will the Thursday.
Will report back once we have something.
Thanks.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
On our way.
@Tramguage1 and I are headed to Montana to test drive the Pioneer 1000-6 Thursday.
The goal is to get a complete overview and some feedback on the 2nd row regarding leg room and whatnot.
Also, I expect the ride to be much better than the 3 or 5 so have to report back on that.
One of my focuses will be on the power steering and shifting pattern/loudness compared to the earlier models.
And that dreaded vibration rattle at a specific RPM range. Though recently, I actually think it's the floorboard supports.

I just learned this model is labeled the HL8.
There are several part #'s specifically for this model. You can find them by seeing which has a part # of HL8.
Updated parts include Brake pads, rotors, calipers, and other obvious parts.
The steering rack, Tie rod ends, and STATOR all seem to be specific to this model as well. .

The rear seat part #'s appear to be exactly the same as the front. So the biggest improvement to look at will be leg room.
Will the front also be improved is a great question.
Who can get me some measurement points to check between the front firewall and the seat?
I will pack a soft tape measure and take some.

My quick research also seems to suggest the axles shafts are larger for 2022/23 models vs the <2021's
Why would they go up to a 22mm hub shaft vs 20mm for 16-21 models? 32mm axle nut vs 30mm nut.
2022 Talon I think has the same update with shaft/nut up-sizing.
I will ask them.

Ok... We arrive tomorrow for a briefing and intro. All the riding will the Thursday.
Will report back once we have something.
Thanks.
Good luck, safe travels!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
On our way!
20220921 081809

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!