P500 One month old and Growing

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
Several items at Dealers waiting first vehicle services for install. Full skid , winch, bumpers and enough other items for you not to expect xmas presents from me. Here is what I do have at present. 20220314 133105 resized20220314 133806 resized20220314 133915 resized20220314 133942 resized20220314 133549 resized

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looking at these have them on hold, best local , and Raceline wheel seller , Sedona 26x9xR14 ,6 ply

View attachment 326898

Told the story here many times and don't get me wrong, those may be the best tires out there for your riding conditions...
A guy showed up at a group ride with a brand new set of Rip Saws on his P5. They looked BA! Had serious tire envy and every intention on ordering a set when I got home. Then we did the ride.
Watched him try a sand hill 3 times and not make it. Saw a Ranger try it a couple times too and a P1k. Full disclosure, the P1 couldn't make it due to width, tight turn with a tree at the top. After watching all that I went over the top the first time.
The Rip Saws just don't have much flotation, they're a flat design, hard and heavy. Probably would've kicked my a** on the rocks or through a mud hole but in sand or snow a rounder profile has the advantage.
Btw, going with 14's gives you a smaller sidewall and with those tires is probably going to make for a pretty rough ride. Consider aftermarket shocks to save your back.
Again, no idea on your riding conditions or intentions so FWIW.

POIDH
The Hill

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
Told the story here many times and don't get me wrong, those may be the best tires out there for your riding conditions...
A guy showed up at a group ride with a brand new set of Rip Saws on his P5. They looked BA! Had serious tire envy and every intention on ordering a set when I got home. Then we did the ride.
Watched him try a sand hill 3 times and not make it. Saw a Ranger try it a couple times too and a P1k. Full disclosure, the P1 couldn't make it due to width, tight turn with a tree at the top. After watching all that I went over the top the first time.
The Rip Saws just don't have much flotation, they're a flat design, hard and heavy. Probably would've kicked my a** on the rocks or through a mud hole but in sand or snow a rounder profile has the advantage.
Btw, going with 14's gives you a smaller sidewall and with those tires is probably going to make for a pretty rough ride. Consider aftermarket shocks to save your back.
Again, no idea on your riding conditions or intentions so FWIW.

POIDH
View attachment 326910
Thanks , They are popular here because of the items you mentioned. My area no sand ,no snow (6" closes us down) Pine lumber area with logging trails and punji stake like stumps off trail that seem to love sidewalls. Shocks great idea and on my big item list with PS and front locker. During my research I've read that some\many\all OEM shocks are factory "tuned' 1st to pass Govt roll over test for SxS, 2nd for ride, performance , comfort in line with that specific SxS. Thanks again you were spot on in your comments, I didnt even think of smaller sidewalls, which I think is plus for me

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!