Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CHARLESTON — A bill imposing penalties for ATV riders who do not remain on the designated trails in the Hatfield-McCoy Recreation Area has passed the House and was moved to the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Introduced by Del. John Shott (R-Mercer County), House Bill 2809 is meant to keep riders off private property.
“Each trail user shall at all times remain within and on a designated and marked trail while within the Hatfield-McCoy Recreation Area,” the bill reads. Driving off the trail can bring a misdemeanor and a fine of not less than $1,000 if convicted.

Any rider who not only drives off the designated trail but also “causes damage to a landowner’s property outside of the designated and marked trail … or interferes with a landowner’s or lawful possessor’s use of the property outside of the designated and marked trail” will be fined not less than $2,000 upon conviction.

Story:
Keeping riders on the trail: Bill imposing possible $1K fines for trespassing ATVs moves to Senate

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This would kill some of the little camp grounds like Riders Paradise, Pinnacle creek, and hill top.

This would essentially make it illegal to ride to or from the camp ground or journey to some of the country stores in the area.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Been following this on multiple facebook groups. I really hope this doesnt pass as I see it hurting the area. Lots of people come to ride those trails. The views and destinations that they provide are something that HMT does not.

I buy a trail pass every year, but still ride the outlaw trails. I enjoy night riding on them and going to some places you cant get to on the HM trails. There are also shortcuts they offer for when we do ride HM trails as well.

Last edited:
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This would kill some of the little camp grounds like Riders Paradise, Pinnacle creek, and hill top.

This would essentially make it illegal to ride to or from the camp ground or journey to some of the country stores in the area.

As well as some of the guide services like Ziggys and 304 Outlaws.

I dont believe the current HM trails could handle the traffic if that was the only system people can ride.

Reactions: Russ989 and sharp
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I "kinda" get it. I bet they have plenty of Aholes on these trails that are destroying , steeling and not respecting the property and owners of this land. There is always those few that mess it up for the rest of us!
I absolutely get where this is coming from. People trash these trails with beer cans and other garbage. They end up going places they shouldnt, like active mining sites. I just hate it for the majority that respect the area

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4

It’s unfortunate that the few ruin it for the many as things usually are...:rolleyes: Damaging private property is a serious problem.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was never one for the outlaw trails anyhow but I have to wonder...is this enforceable?

If it increases hm traffic that's a bad thing imo. It's a pain to try to pass folks all day up there.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I "kinda" get it. I bet they have plenty of Aholes on these trails that are destroying , steeling and not respecting the property and owners of this land. There is always those few that mess it up for the rest of us!
I get too but it still sucks.

Reactions: sharp and Chooglin
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It’s unfortunate that the few ruin it for the many as things usually are...:rolleyes: Damaging private property is a serious problem.
I'll have to agree that is the unfortunate truth. There are a lot of folks that lack respect for the land both public and private.

I'm pretty positive someone on our mulberry ride was tossing out cans but I couldn't pin them down. If I ever catch someone they're going to wish they hadn't.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'll have to agree that is the unfortunate truth. There are a lot of folks that lack respect for the land both public and private.

I'm pretty positive someone on our mulberry ride was tossing out cans but I couldn't pin them down. If I ever catch someone they're going to wish they hadn't.

I second that. Pick it in. Pack it out.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dislike when anybody wantonly destroys private property and litters their unwanted beer/soda cans and especially those that toss their cigarette butts. I love tearing up the trails but only in an area reserved for that. Thats another reason why I prefer riding out west in the vast wilderness. Riding in the east in a controlled regulated private park just isn't as appealing. Riding in the east just blows chunks comparatively.
I've never been to the HM trail system but now it sounds even less appealing. Still it sucks that those brainless twits could care less about the areas they ride. Every time I see someone toss a butt out their window, it makes me wanna get out pick it up and throw it back in their cars. I wish I could use a baseball bat to drive the point home. I'd put spikes through it....

Last edited:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I picked up a few I seen laying around.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!