Overland Adventure 2021 - Sept 30 - Oct 3 - Mayhem On the Mountain, RRB

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe_none

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
NC
My son finally gave me an answer and he wants to go on this overland versus the Mayhem on the mountain. I think we have most if not all of the things needed however any input would be good so I have enough time to get everything together.

Right now the biggest thing needed is Honda to ship my machine though :confused:

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
My son finally gave me an answer and he wants to go on this overland versus the Mayhem on the mountain. I think we have most if not all of the things needed however any input would be good so I have enough time to get everything together.

Right now the biggest thing needed is Honda to ship my machine though :confused:
We doing both..
Sat we will try to meet up with the group. Whoever, wherever, and camp nearby.

Looks like I need to start a list now that I have a few commited.

J

Joe_none

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
NC
Hoping we have a machine in time to go, latest date was moved to 8/30 from 7/29. Will still have the skid plate and other things to install and make sure it's running solid before taking it on a longer trip.

Last edited:
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
7 weeks out! Who is planning on Overlanding? I'll work on the list for Hondasxs. The following list is those that have posted with interest.

Confirmed or likely
@Hondasxs - Confirmed
@Vondy - Confirmed
@The Green Goat - Confirmed
@Frogtown - Confirmed
@Adam490 - Confirmed
@Tramguage1 -Confirmed
@Hometeam - Confirmed
@Joe_none - Confirmed pending machine arrival.
@BigOL3 - Most likely- will confirm later

Waiting on Response
@Barry1275 -
@Cmooneyhan -
@coleman4868 -
@ACfixer -

Let me know if I missed anyone.

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
7 weeks out! Who is planning on Overlanding? I'll work on the list for Hondasxs. The following list is those that have posted with interest.

Those who seem likely:
@Hondasxs
@Vondy
@Frogtown
@Adam490
@The Green Goat
@Barry1275
@Cmooneyhan
@Joe_none

Those on the fence:
@coleman4868
@BigOL3
@ACfixer
@Tramguage1
@Hometeam

@Ohio4x4 and @TripleB - Are you overlanding?

Let me know if I missed anyone.
I've already committed to leading some of those guys Friday so I wont be overlanding. I'm not sure if I will be there Saturday because my daughter's new softball team hasn't gave us a schedule yet. I'm off Thursday also so I might tag along with you guys that day.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Im still planning on attending. I am out on a vacation now and will confirm the dates when i get back ro work.
Hoping to meetup with @Adam490 and carpool.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
What the hell? I can't eat

What the hell? I can't eat all your food this time?
Meals on the trail catered by @Hondasxs ! LOL Sure would make packing easier.

I don't know though, @Adam490, you were the one cooking up steaks and such. Maybe you should be our chuck wagon.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I'm confirmed.

I'll probably be there mid-morning Thursday but am quite flexible with that.

Like I said, I've got a s***load of camping gear from my backcountry hunting days. However, I'd be curious to hear what you guys bring. Gear, food, hydration, etc. The little p52 is no p1k, so I might have to be strategic with my packing.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Im still planning on attending. I am out on a vacation now and will confirm the dates when i get back ro work.
Hoping to meetup with @Adam490 and carpool.
Tight calendar huh……🤔

Reactions: EMAW
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I'm confirmed.

Like I said, I've got a s***load of camping gear from my backcountry hunting days. However, I'd be curious to hear what you guys bring. Gear, food, hydration, etc. The little p52 is no p1k, so I might have to be strategic with my packing.
I did my first overland in a talon 2 seater, it was tight but made it work. 4 seat works much better.
- I carry 2 coolers, one in back and one on front seat passenger floor. I try not to open the one on floor the first half of the trip. Less beer and I might be able to get away with one cooler. I also freeze some of my water bottles, lasts long after rest of the ice melts.
- Meals - Jet boil with skillet pan. Some mountain house meals, cold meat, cheese, snacks. I can cook steak, pre-scrambled eggs, sausage, and whatever in the skillet on the jetboil.
- Camping - Hammock, sleeping bag, underquilt, rain fly, chair, flashlight, fire starter, fire logs.
- Tools, parts, first aid kit, etc,
- Spare parts with machine. - Joints, tie rods, tools, misc repair parts, plugs, etc.
- Large parts back at truck - Axles, Stock Arms, stock radius rods(i've upgraded machine), spare tire, oils, filters, etc.
- Recovery gear - Straps, snatch block, etc. We all have plenty of that.
- Clothes, raingear, Body wipes (baby wipe but larger)
Probably missed some stuff.

Last edited:
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I'm confirmed.

@The Green Goat , Checked out your build, looks like your machine can handle anything. Didnt see upgraded skid though, might want to consider that to protect your machine. My P500 skid didnt last long at all and I did plenty of damage to the bottom of mine before I upgraded.

FYI, I am coming down from Ohio also. I live north of Dayton, Sidney/Piqua area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!