P700 P 700 Won’t move when it’s cold

joeyaffhy

joeyaffhy

Lifetime Member
Dec 12, 2020
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-2
It doesn’t seem normal for my 2020 P 700 to feel like the transmission is slipping when the machine is cold. On cold days I can’t start my machine and run to the barn to do chores until it’s wormed up. When I put it in gear it won’t move or it moves slowly and the transmission slips. Once the engine has warmed up the machine performs as it should..Is this normal for the Honda’s??

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
It doesn’t seem normal for my 2020 P 700 to feel like the transmission is slipping when the machine is cold. On cold days I can’t start my machine and run to the barn to do chores until it’s wormed up. When I put it in gear it won’t move or it moves slowly and the transmission slips. Once the engine has warmed up the machine performs as it should..Is this normal for the Honda’s??

Seems like it happens with a few folks. Mine is slow to start, but never had it lock down or slip gears. Over fill the oil a hair and let it warm up before running.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes very normal, just one of the endearing traits we have to adapt to.
Let it warm up for a couple minutes and never an issue.
I have never overfilled my Rincon or my Pioneer I just let it idle for a couple minutes and all is good.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I run 10-30 oil in the winter but I have to let it warm up a while first. 10-40 and its a lot worse.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!