P1000m3 P1000 engine gone!

H

Honda-SxS-P3

Has anyone had any serious problems with the 1000 engine? Mine threw the crank shaft thru the side of the engine and out onto the ground last night! Just cruising down the rd at 30mph. I have never mistreated this sxs it still looks brand new, only 800 miles. Any feedback would be great! Thanks

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don’t have a 1000, but I’d like to see a picture of that.

Reactions: Hondasxs
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the club.
There was a crank balancer recall for some of the early models. Give me a few and I'll find it.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
H

Honda-SxS-P3

I’ll have to snap one and upload it, it blew a hole in the side of the motor big enough to put both your fists in. The crank shaft came out in 3 pieces

H

Honda-SxS-P3

What would be the best way to go about it you think?

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone had any serious problems with the 1000 engine? Mine threw the crank shaft thru the side of the engine and out onto the ground last night! Just cruising down the rd at 30mph. I have never mistreated this sxs it still looks brand new, only 800 miles. Any feedback would be great! Thanks
Awh man, that SUCKS!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Not sure. I would be bringing this up big time with Honda. Especially if it's clean under the hood.

Sent via Tapatalk.

Reactions: pct and JTW
H

Honda-SxS-P3

I called the number on that link you sent by they are closed until Monday, so i will be Calling again first thing Monday, thanks for all your help

Reactions: JTW
H

Honda-SxS-P3

EDD4865F 5E53 498E 8F94 A2E3AFD1A86D

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Man, that’s crazy! I hope everything works out for you. Keep us in the loop.

H

Honda-SxS-P3

Wow I would say, your's is in the recall.
Man i sure hope so! I’m calling first thing in morning. I’m gonna start with Honda then call the dealership. I buy Honda for the reliability but this is a serious issue and if they don’t handle it like they should this might be my last Honda product

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!