Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thank you! it could have easily came forward towards me instead of out the side.
Could you post your serial number please? What an explosion? I surprised no one was hurt, Thank the dear Lord above.

H

Honda-SxS-P3

Mine is a 16 bought in late August 16. I'm going to check and see how close my ser# is to yours and the recall last #
I bought mine from dealer in November 16 but i think the manufacturing date is feb 16. But i never received any literature on a recall the entire time I’ve owned it. I’ll

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I bought mine from dealer in November 16 but i think the manufacturing date is feb 16. But i never received any literature on a recall the entire time I’ve owned it. I’ll
No recall? On clutch improvement or heat issue?

H

Honda-SxS-P3

No recall? On clutch improvement or heat issue?
No nothing! Then when i went to the dealership to order a bumper for it i found out that the salesman who sold it to me had been fired for certain reasons. So I’m just wondering if that has had anything to do with me not receiving these notices?

Reactions: pct
H

Honda-SxS-P3

No nothing! Then when i went to the dealership to order a bumper for it i found out that the salesman who sold it to me had been fired for certain reasons. So I’m just wondering if that has had anything to do with me not receiving these notices?
Heck Honda might not even know i own this thing! Esp if he got fired for anything to do with not turning in paperwork

Reactions: pct and Plumber32
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Heck Honda might not even know i own this thing! Esp if he got fired for anything to do with not turning in paperwork
If you paid in full and have your title you should be good and if you financed it the lending company will have it. I received my title about six weeks after I purchased mine.
I doubt it, a blown motor for such a huge corporation is chicken feed and may just be waiting for fall out and repairs as needed.

Reactions: pct
H

Honda-SxS-P3

If you paid in full and have your title you should be good and if you financed it the lending company will have it. I received my title about six weeks after I purchased mine.

I doubt it, a blown motor for such a huge corporation is chicken feed and may just be waiting for fall out and repairs as needed.
I’ll begin my journey of figuring this out tomorrow morning i guess. I’ll keep everyone posted

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine bent a rod back in the summer but it was my fault. I got water in it. Good luck on yours.

H

Honda-SxS-P3

Ok, so far I’ve spoke with “Honda America” and they simply told me that they’ve never heard of a maintenance bulletin or recall for the crankshaft and i need to discuss with a dealer, well the dealer i bought it from is closed today so i called another Honda dealer near me and the said they would contact Honda and see if warranty would cover it bc I’m only like 6 weeks past warranty coverage. Dealership i bought it from lied to me about the hondacare coverage so that’s out of the question!

H

Honda-SxS-P3

Honda is “reviewing” my case that the dealership submitted. Now they want me to bring the sxs in so they will have it there when Honda tells them what to look for... but this is not the dealership where i bought it from, they won’t even call me back!

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off Welcome to the forum This is the first I have saw this but it looks like the CB shaft unstead of the crankshaft and there was a recall on some off the 1000s for that but as you can tell you can't find a better place or people ready to help a fellow member out sounds like you have found a dealer that will help you now best of luck to you keep us posted

Reactions: sharp
H

Honda-SxS-P3

First off Welcome to the forum This is the first I have saw this but it looks like the CB shaft unstead of the crankshaft and there was a recall on some off the 1000s for that but as you can tell you can't find a better place or people ready to help a fellow member out sounds like you have found a dealer that will help you now best of luck to you keep us posted
Thanks so much! Everyone has been incredibly helpful

H

Honda-SxS-P3

49AD54D2 A766 4CF7 9166 53B9F8FB24B5

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That was the CB shaft that broke and came out I would think that Honda will replace your engine If I remember right there was a problem with them cant remember if it was them breaking or the chain breaking either way they should repair or replace your engine Good Luck

Reactions: sharp
H

Honda-SxS-P3

That was the CB shaft that broke and came out I would think that Honda will replace your engine If I remember right there was a problem with them cant remember if it was them breaking or the chain breaking either way they should repair or replace your engine Good Luck
Yea today is the first time I’ve gotten up the courage to raise the bed and look at it! After looking at it yes it’s not the crank lol. I might sound dumb but what is the CB shaft?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!