P1000 P1000 front alignment

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
i noticed last night that my right front tire was toed out a good bit , I forgot to take pics but it was very obvious, I adjusted it last night and got It a lot better just curious if anyone else noticed theirs was toed out also ?

Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
Wow! Honda needs to really get there s*** together! If I receive my new machine with front end out of alignment I will have to tell them to just keep the dam thing and I will just go without a sxs until I when the lottery and show them how to build a quality sxs people would be proud to buy. I expect small issues due to it being totally new, but front end alignment should be spot on before it leaves the factory. That's just workers at Honda not doing there job just like if there is loose nuts and bolts and just like the doors not being adjusted. When you buy something new you have expectations. I bought a new Polaris ranger last year and when I got it home it dam near burned up the engine because they didn't have the electric fan plugged in from the factory. You would think they would have a check list that they double check on each unit. Like right before they create them up have someone check all the important s***. That's the easiest part HONDA! Check your s*** before you sale it to hard working Americans that deserve quality craftsmanship that they pay dearly for!!!! Rant over!

Reactions: Chet and Hondasxs
A

Andy

Sep 28, 2015
My drivers side front tire seems toed out too much compared to other side. Also, when I got mine the steering wheel was off like 1/4 turn. I mean way off! I took the steering wheel nut off myself and moved it to the right like 8 grooves. But it drives straight and good now.

Reactions: pct
Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
My drivers side front tire seems toed out too much compared to other side. Also, when I got mine the steering wheel was off like 1/4 turn. I mean way off! I took the steering wheel nut off myself and moved it to the right like 8 grooves. But it drives straight and good now. View attachment 7018
Did you have to use a puller to get the steering wheel off? I had to do that to my rzr I used to have and pulling the steering wheel off was a pain.

A

Andy

Sep 28, 2015
Did you have to use a puller to get the steering wheel off? I had to do that to my rzr I used to have and pulling the steering wheel off was a pain.
No puller required. Took me like 2 minutes

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Seems like all Honda sxs are that way. Our big red at work and my pioneer were the same way with a crooked steering wheel.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what i mentioned in another post regarding my Honda Foreman that I purchased new in 2005. It had too much toe out and the dealer said it was so people would not over steer. It handeled like crap so we properly aligned it and it was good. Since that post, I noticed my sisters 2014 Ranger is toed out also and handles like crap in the corners. I wonder if they dial things in to the lowest common denominator and the lawyers.

tig

tig

Apr 22, 2015
Seems like all Honda sxs are that way. Our big red at work and my pioneer were the same way with a crooked steering wheel.
The dealer puts the wheel on. It ships with it off so it fits in the crate. If you look at the pics of the P1Ks at the factory you can see it's not there.

Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
The dealer puts the wheel on. It ships with it off so it fits in the crate. If you look at the pics of the P1Ks at the factory you can see it's not there.
That makes sense! So the front end is lined up from factory and steering wheel removed to ship unit and then the steering wheel is put on crooked by the dealer. Makes sense lol

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know it's not a big deal to fix that or the doors but dammit if the dealer does that to me I'll throw a hissy fit! Buying a Honda for a reason and it had better be right. I'll test it out at the dealership before I take possession of the rig. If I wanted to have to work on something off the bat I'd buy another Polaris. I've already mentioned to them no miles driven unless it's me. Might sound like an ass but I appreciate spending my money on something new and having the thought that it's new and right!

Reactions: DGann and DTAGG
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know it's not a big deal to fix that or the doors but dammit if the dealer does that to me I'll throw a hissy fit! Buying a Honda for a reason and it had better be right. I'll test it out at the dealership before I take possession of the rig. If I wanted to have to work on something off the bat I'd buy another Polaris. I've already mentioned to them no miles driven unless it's me. Might sound like an ass but I appreciate spending my money on something new and having the thought that it's new and right!
I totally understand. It was all timimng for me with the one I rode on today. It was just assembeled and I got to ride along for the test ride.

Reactions: DTAGG
Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
I totally understand. It was all timimng for me with the one I rode on today. It was just assembeled and I got to ride along for the test ride.
I'm the same way but even if dealers puts a few miles on it I'm cool with that just so long it's setup right. Driving straight no obvious issues and there checklist is double checked than I'm ok. I know and they know if it's not right I will leave it at there front door lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm dying to even sit in one. We were so happy with our 700 other then a little low on power and shocks that I'm as pumped on this one as anyone.

Reactions: Duramax
R

Rubicon2

Apr 16, 2015
Noticed 15 years ago, mine and my 5 buddys bought 01 Rubicon's and everyone had the one side turned out a lil... me and one other straightened ours.. Big mistake... steered easier but was way more unstable.. guess Honda knew what they were doing after all.. put it back to stock and alls great for 13000 miles and counting.. :)

A

Andy

Sep 28, 2015
I agree. When mine came in I told my dealer do not drive it. I wanted to be the one who broke it in. I was pleased to get it with 0 miles.

winnscollision

winnscollision

Aug 24, 2013
Saluda SC
I own an alignment machine and had to fix that crooked steering wheel! I pulled the steering wheel and staightened it first then toed it in to a 02 Honda civics specs, which being front wheel drive is slightly toed out.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Reactions: JTW and pct
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Nice!

Reactions: pct
M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
winnscollision

winnscollision

Aug 24, 2013
Saluda SC
Man do I wish I could come set mine up on that. Love close to Nashville TN?
Haha not any more,I did for a year when I went to Nashville auto diesel college about 10-11 years ago. Just find an alignment shop somewhere and tell them to set the toe to a 02 civic.

R

rcarroll

Dec 26, 2015
My steering wheel is crooked too. The top is at 10 o clock when driving straight.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!