BOX1

P1000 P1000 New Purchase help, Ride Sand, and dirt, advice.

V

vayacondios

Apr 1, 2016
orange county ca
im considering buying the p1000 5 seater, A because its big red, B, because of reliability. I ride mostly at ocotillo wells which is a mix of sand washes and dirt trails, however a few times per year i do ride at glamis in the sand dunes. My concern is i can find next to no info on how these perform in the sand, is there issues that come from riding in the sand like clutch or engine etc. The p1000 should have enough power to climb in the sand dunes as polaris maxes a 900 and 1000 both of which climb sand dunes just fine. Also im a bit concerned that as of yet there is very little after market suspension parts at least from what i can find. I have a Kawasaki teryx which im selling but i added long travel kit to it and it rode through the sand, desert and dirt like butter with 17 inches of travel. Anyways any advice would be great, ive hear there may be a sport version coming so maybe i should wait, however im a guy so i want to pull the trigger now. thanks J

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
im considering buying the p1000 5 seater, A because its big red, B, because of reliability. I ride mostly at ocotillo wells which is a mix of sand washes and dirt trails, however a few times per year i do ride at glamis in the sand dunes. My concern is i can find next to no info on how these perform in the sand, is there issues that come from riding in the sand like clutch or engine etc. The p1000 should have enough power to climb in the sand dunes as polaris maxes a 900 and 1000 both of which climb sand dunes just fine. Also im a bit concerned that as of yet there is very little after market suspension parts at least from what i can find. I have a Kawasaki teryx which im selling but i added long travel kit to it and it rode through the sand, desert and dirt like butter with 17 inches of travel. Anyways any advice would be great, ive hear there may be a sport version coming so maybe i should wait, however im a guy so i want to pull the trigger now. thanks J

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining.

We don't have any sand on this side of the MS river for me to ride on but hopefully someone will come along soon with some advice.

B

Bobman13

Jan 30, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well I live near Sand Hollow State park in Utah and take my pioneer P3k there all the time and it is Phenomenal in the sand even with stock tires it floats well and never had a moment that I thought it was underpowered I ride mostly in 4 hi but some times 2wd will work fine.

Reactions: DTAGG
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!