P1000 P1000 rattles - how to fix?

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm searching for some tips on quieting The Family Rig (rattles). The engine is quite but when I get going faster on rocky trails the back doors and bed rattle like crazy. I've adjusted the bed latches and put electrical tape around them, but I feel like its the doors making most of the noise. I've adjusted the rubber stoppers to the back doors to make them shut snug, but they still rattle. I think maybe they move up and down and that the hinges are not super tight.

Has anyone had success with quieting the rattles in their rig?

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Have you put tape on the door latches also?

Reactions: Delton and sharp
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm searching for some tips on quieting The Family Rig (rattles). The engine is quite but when I get going faster on rocky trails the back doors and bed rattle like crazy. I've adjusted the bed latches and put electrical tape around them, but I feel like its the doors making most of the noise. I've adjusted the rubber stoppers to the back doors to make them shut snug, but they still rattle. I think maybe they move up and down and that the hinges are not super tight.

I've seen where some have added a washer to the pin on the hinges. Also spray foamed inside the door at hinge locations.

Odd_Ball

Odd_Ball

Apr 6, 2016
Williams, CA
I was wanting to add some sort of bushing to the hinges on the door to tighten them up but never got around to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used some felt pads that go on the bottom of furniture in the locations below - that really quieted the ride along with tape on the door latches (also visible in the pic below )

IMG 3953
IMG 3954

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I used some felt pads that go on the bottom of furniture in the locations below - that really quieted the ride along with tape on the door latches (also visible in the pic below )

View attachment 51325
View attachment 51326

Thanks for the input everyone. I will try more tape on the latches and some furniture pads like that. It seems to be the rear doors and bed more than the front. Even with the rubber stoppers backed out to make it shut tight, I still get loud rattles on the bumpy trails.

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the input everyone. I will try more tape on the latches and some furniture pads like that. It seems to be the rear doors and bed more than the front. Even with the rubber stoppers backed out to make it shut tight, I still get loud rattles on the bumpy trails.
yea I tried to adjust the rubber stopper out and they just seemed a little too short but the pads really worked good for me... I usually keep a box with about 30 orso LB of gear in the tailgate section and that in itself keeps that section quiet.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe some of you guys made the same mistake I did first time I taped up the latches on the bed. When you look at the silver 'U' shaped latch on the bed, I assumed the latch caught it on the center section of the U. So that's where I wrapped the tape around. The latch actually catches the U along one of the sides. After I fixed my screw up, my rattles went away.

Reactions: jawquin and Landman
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Cotton. ;)

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just figured out how to adjust the bed latches today, and the last (and worst!) of my rattles are finally gone.

10mm socket on the hoops on the bed. Adjusted them so the bottom of the silver piece (latch/hoop thingy) is flush with the bracket it's mounted on. It takes slightly more effort to close the bed now but at least it's quiet!

Reactions: Montecresto
Jmildoc

Jmildoc

Oct 15, 2017
Martinsville IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I zip tied about 3" of rubber fuel line to the bars where the bed latches are. Cured all rattles!

I did the same thing!!! Didn’t even see this post but great minds think alike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rincon

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!