Moses

Moses

Owner - Brick City Fab
Vendor
Jul 29, 2016
Gilbert arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Okay guys. We're just about ready to launch these pioneer 1000-5 cage bungs into production and are accepting pre orders. Which will allow you to build with thicker walled tube from the get go!

We're proud to say that they are 100% machined in our shop here in Gilbert Arizona!

They will be set up to run 1.75" x .095 or 1.75 x .120 wall DOM or chromoly tube.

Their is a total of 8 bungs per set and they are significantly larger than your typical rzr or yxz cage bungs so the price will be $229 a set. (Plus shipping)

You can pm me or email me at [email protected] to order

We accept pay pal and all major credit cards.

Thanks!

480-822-0973

IMG 9359 IMG 9550 IMG 9551 IMG 9556 IMG 9557 IMG 9559 IMG 9574 IMG 9575

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Nice welding! Didn't use my tig for a year or so and when I was doing my cage I was having a hard time thinking everything was dirty. Come to find out, my gas line going to the torch had cracks in it. Of course that was after most of the cage was done... Figured it out welding some heavy stuff afterwards and took 70 cfm to start getting a clean weld.

1486791138392 1666649327 IMG 20161028 231332790

Moses

Moses

Owner - Brick City Fab
Vendor
Jul 29, 2016
Gilbert arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice welding! Didn't use my tig for a year or so and when I was doing my cage I was having a hard time thinking everything was dirty. Come to find out, my gas line going to the torch had cracks in it. Of course that was after most of the cage was done... Figured it out welding some heavy stuff afterwards and took 70 cfm to start getting a clean weld.

View attachment 32699 View attachment 32700
Lol, thanks man! I usually do a test run and check for poor gas coverage initially..Especially in instances like this. The components need to be welded correctly as I'm sure you know. But it happens man.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Lol, thanks man! I usually do a test run and check for poor gas coverage initially..Especially in instances like this. The components need to be welded correctly as I'm sure you know. But it happens man.
What's crazy is it would test fine. I guess moving the torch was causing leaks...

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Nice quality! Don't know a lot about cage manufacturing but assume guys wanting to fabricate a new cage is your market? But for guys that could chop an existing cage will you be offering adapters for splicing cage back together? Either bolt or weldable?

Moses

Moses

Owner - Brick City Fab
Vendor
Jul 29, 2016
Gilbert arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 8151
I don't think chopping the stock cage is safe imo so we won't be offering anything to modify the stock cage unfortunately
Nice quality! Don't know a lot about cage manufacturing but assume guys wanting to fabricate a new cage is your market? But for guys that could chop an existing cage will you be offering adapters for splicing cage back together? Either bolt or weldable?

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would you sell a set of 4 to a poor ole feller in WV HaHa

Reactions: Moses
harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
View attachment 32718 I don't think chopping the stock cage is safe imo so we won't be offering anything to modify the stock cage unfortunately

I understand that you are not marketing as such, however if a fella wanted to lower his rops instead of chopping it and having a splice or joint, I'm thinking he could cut from the bottom instead of out of the middle getting rid of say 5" and then weld in your aftermarket bungs. That would be cleaner way of chopping it instead of having a joint in the middle of each post. It would then be like factory except lower and with new stainless steel bungs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
I understand that you are not marketing as such, however if a fella wanted to lower his rops instead of chopping it and having a splice or joint, I'm thinking he could cut from the bottom instead of out of the middle getting rid of say 5" and then weld in your aftermarket bungs. That would be cleaner way of chopping it instead of having a joint in the middle of each post. It would then be like factory except lower and with new stainless steel bungs.

Also be easier fitting it up and less chance of having bad alignment of a joint in the middle creating a dog leg.

Moses

Moses

Owner - Brick City Fab
Vendor
Jul 29, 2016
Gilbert arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After cutting apart the stock tips during our custom cage build I discovered that the majority of the tube on stock ROPS was 45mm .060 wall tube. I would HIGHLY recommend not modifying the stock ROPS what so ever...

Reactions: pct and lee
harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
So you're saying shortening the length making it more stocky will make it weaker? I would think it would be the opposite, like say if you were going to make it taller I could see that would making it weaker. I would think shortening would be stronger structurally.

Moses

Moses

Owner - Brick City Fab
Vendor
Jul 29, 2016
Gilbert arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So you're saying shortening the length making it more stocky will make it weaker? I would think it would be the opposite, like say if you were going to make it taller I could see that would making it weaker. I would think shortening would be stronger structurally.

I'm saying the stock ROPS is inadequate entirely in my opinion..

Reactions: pct, JTW and nbomar
harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
I don't disagree. I'm just saying that shortening it would if anything be an improvement.

harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
Yes.. but if you're going to the trouble of doing it.. do the rest the right way..

Yes. But your talking about a significant difference in the amount of work to be done. I'd say not much to no trouble to no trouble to cut off each post 4 to 5" and weld on new bungs and bolt back up as opposed to fabricating a whole new roll cage.

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes. But your talking about a significant difference in the amount of work to be done. I'd say not much to no trouble to no trouble to cut off each post 4 to 5" and weld on new bungs and bolt back up as opposed to fabricating a whole new roll cage.

I like the idea to but for the five seater, you will have to still cut a section out of the middle of the two uprights in the back. Then the top bar over the front seat would still need to be cut and shortened.

But for sure some new bungs ready to go for the front four post would help.

Reactions: pct
harrelljr99

harrelljr99

Feb 8, 2017
Georgia
I like the idea to but for the five seater, you will have to still cut a section out of the middle of the two uprights in the back. Then the top bar over the front seat would still need to be cut and shortened.

But for sure some new bungs ready to go for the front four post would help.

I see what you're saying. What I'd do since there are no bungs on those rear post is add two bolted together to make a coupling connection in the vertical post. So then all you have to do is cut out the 4 or 5 inches you want to lower along with the amount of space the coupled bung connection you add in there.

J

JTW

I get what you're saying.. but if I'm going to the trouble of chopping mine. I'm going all the way with it.

Reactions: nbomar and Delton
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!