P1000 P1k vs Roxor?

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just wondering if anyone with a P1k has had the opportunity to run with someone with a Roxor and what their thoughts were? I would expect the P1k to be able to go where a Roxor couldn't? Might be interesting!

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m a Japanese fan boy, been running their toys for decades (dirt bikes, snowmobiles and now a SxS), their stuff just works. There’s always a segment of the market that just HAS to have something unique and is willing to put up with any of that product’s downsides, reliability being the biggest.

I won’t argue that Honda is dropping the ball in that court just like Toyota did a few years ago with their once upon a time bullet proof Camry and they got called out on it (going for profits, quality control be damned). They’re scrambling now, trying to regain their lost reputation.

I think the Roxor is just a ‘hey, lookit me, I’m special’ kinda product and will definitely sell to that crowd. I’ll stick with the Japs, thank yew very much. :cool:

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alright, I bit...

Had to look up a few things because I thought of the Mahindra as a trail toy, not knowing much about them.

But 3050 lbs, 62hp, 9 inches of clearance, straight axles and leaf springs? I wouldn't expect it to be close.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
They both have their place.
The Roxor is a cool machine if you like old Jeeps.
The older version could be passed off as a old Jeep.
The new 22 due to be announced on the 11th, will be a little different.
But there will be kits to fix that i'm sure.

Parts are really hard to find right now for these things. There are a few guys importing parts but Mahrindria has almost stopped supporting it for now. Maybe that will change once the 22 hit.

They are also pulling out of power sports dealers and focusing on their current tractor dealers.

TeamRoxor.com is an ally of HondaSxS.com. for lots of info in this growing community.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Is Roxor a belt driven Jeep look-a-like? Never seen these before.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the comments guys, just thought it would be interesting to see some of you views on it. I dont ever plan to get a Roxor myself, the P1k-3 I am waiting for will be way more useful to me. The wifes sister does have a compact Mahindra tractor and she had some trouble with the mower this summer and luckily the local Mahindra dealer did have the part but told her she was very lucky that he did have it.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I confess I just don't understand why the Roxor thing keeps getting compared to SxS's. A (essentially) jeep that isn't street legal in most places? Open diffs (might be options now)? Doubt it will ride anywhere near as well as any SxS. Maybe this new '22 will make more sense in some way.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The '22 was just styling changes. Fiat Chrysler was busting their balls over making it look too much like a Jeep, so they made it look like a Land Cruiser. 😃

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I confess I just don't understand why the Roxor thing keeps getting compared to SxS's. A (essentially) jeep that isn't street legal in most places? Open diffs (might be options now)? Doubt it will ride anywhere near as well as any SxS. Maybe this new '22 will make more sense in some way.
The Roxor is a SxS by definition.
It just fits the ROHVA standard.

It’s one advantage to a traditional SxS is the front and back solid axle suspension.
In theory a Roxor could be modified to have very good wheel articulation.

Also thy have the cool factor of looking like an army jeep.
And, to that end they where licensed by Willys to make them.
My take is Mahindra didn’t have the lawyers to beat Stellantis (European owner of the jeep brand)(and don’t try to confuse me with the truth).

Otherwise a P1k will out perform a Roxor any day.
There is no comparison.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The Roxor is a SxS by definition.
It just fits the ROHVA standard.

It’s one advantage to a traditional SxS is the front and back solid axle suspension.
In theory a Roxor could be modified to have very good wheel articulation.

Also thy have the cool factor of looking like an army jeep.
And, to that end they where licensed by Willys to make them.
My take is Mahindra didn’t have the lawyers to beat Stellantis (European owner of the jeep brand)(and don’t try to confuse me with the truth).

Otherwise a P1k will out perform a Roxor any day.
There is no comparison.
LOL...so you're saying you agree?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I like the Roxor, and I agree.

It's kind of a 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' type of thing.
After all honda is a car company more than anything now.
I like the Roxor too. Those parts will be great for the old CJ's out there;)

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Best part of the Roxor warning label on the dash:

I'm guessing liability laws in India are a lot different than here.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!