P1000 P1K3LE Fun Haver build

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, here goes the beginning of my money pit. Just picked up a holdover 2018 P1K3LE and now I’m bring it to life as I want it. I mostly ride logging roads and converted rail beds with some wet trails mixed in here in northern Maine. We have 7000 miles of trails here, so it’s not uncommon to have 100 mile days. I need a buggy that is dead nuts reliable, reasonably comfortable, smooth, good ride, and descent rubber that isn’t prone to flatting. This buggy will be used as a pack mule too. I have a family that uses my 3 ATV’s when we all go riding, so I’m going to be figuring out sensible bed storage. Here are some pics so far. I’ll post in chronological order. The emphasis is a reliable trail machine. No crawling, no mudding. I also ride alone.
BCD68BB8 4BF1 4D98 A6F4 4C9F9AC8A491

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here it is after a few days of adding the winch, winch bumper, and roof. Warn Axon 45S on a Warn 101700 winch bumper. Wheels are STI HD beadlocks shod with Pitbull Growler BG 2.5 27x9x12. I know 12’s go against the grain with many people, but I was looking for maximum sidewall for ride quality and I didn’t want to go to a tire that was too big for stock a arms and no lift. I also wanted to keep the wheel weight reasonable while having a durable tire. The Growlers are true to height and actually measure 9.5”. Load rating is 639lbs per tire. Should work fine.
Next, I’ll be tearing out the seat, adding Beard 4 point harnesses, and a heat shield for the seat. I’ll revise fuel tank and sub trans venting while I’m in there. After that, I will be adding a Honda fabric rear panel, and Seizmik fabric upper doors.

2EA2820E D600 4832 B454 F9476E3BEBA6 C179CE59 958A 4F42 81DE 9F5FE6E27688

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here it is after a few days of adding the winch, winch bumper, and roof. Warn Axon 45S on a Warn 101700 winch bumper. Wheels are STI HD beadlocks shod with Pitbull Growler BG 2.5 27x9x12. I know 12’s go against the grain with many people, but I was looking for maximum sidewall for ride quality and I didn’t want to go to a tire that was too big for stock a arms and no lift. I also wanted to keep the wheel weight reasonable while having a durable tire. The Growlers are true to height and actually measure 9.5”. Load rating is 639lbs per tire. Should work fine.
Next, I’ll be tearing out the seat, adding Beard 4 point harnesses, and a heat shield for the seat. I’ll revise fuel tank and sub trans venting while I’m in there. After that, I will be adding a Honda fabric rear panel, and Seizmik fabric upper doors.

View attachment 194366 View attachment 194367
Looking good!

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That new Warn Axon winch looks great on the warn bumper. Look into the Warn snow plow mount it will give you a nice leading edge that matches the bumper slope. I also added a filler panel between my bumper and plow mount.

The is the bumper with the plow mount added
IMG 20191102 204217

This is the filler panel I made. Aluminum with a UHMW skid plate
IMG 20200329 133458

This is the end result
IMG 20200329 141632

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is one from last year. Downeast Sunrise Trail. It follows the coast of Maine from Ellsworth to Calais. 113 miles long. Several spur trails feed off of it. Plenty of lodging and dining options.View attachment 194383
Great looking buggy, I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous about 7000 miles of trails to ride.
We tried to end up in Maine a couple of years ago on a 2 week round trip camper run, but only made it to New Hamsha...I think I pronounced that right.👍

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great looking buggy, I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous about 7000 miles of trails to ride.
We tried to end up in Maine a couple of years ago on a 2 week round trip camper run, but only made it to New Hamsha...I think I pronounced that right.👍
If you rode Jericho Oark and points north, you had a good ride. NH does thing right. We have a lot of trail miles, but it’s a hodgepodge setup that lacks inter connectivity like our sled trails and many trails have 60” restrictions which may be changing to 65” soon. Maine has outlawed snorkels. No on road registration. As much potential the state holds, there is always pushback. The club leadership at most clubs are the worst offenders of championing progress. It’s a mindset they have about over protecting private land that has organized trail mileage passing through which accounts for 80 percent of our mileage. It’s a constant battle between landowners (not in my back yard mentality) trailmasters (I’m the self appointed law on my system) and every self appointed important persons wife that likes to fan the flames on social media. As pretty as Maine is, we need a total overhaul on how the trails are managed and funded. NH us a good model.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you rode Jericho Oark and points north, you had a good ride. NH does thing right. We have a lot of trail miles, but it’s a hodgepodge setup that lacks inter connectivity like our sled trails and many trails have 60” restrictions which may be changing to 65” soon. Maine has outlawed snorkels. No on road registration. As much potential the state holds, there is always pushback. The club leadership at most clubs are the worst offenders of championing progress. It’s a mindset they have about over protecting private land that has organized trail mileage passing through which accounts for 80 percent of our mileage. It’s a constant battle between landowners (not in my back yard mentality) trailmasters (I’m the self appointed law on my system) and every self appointed important persons wife that likes to fan the flames on social media. As pretty as Maine is, we need a total overhaul on how the trails are managed and funded. NH us a good model.
Unfortunately (sort of) that trip was B.G. before buggy, we did a bunch of sightseeing stuff the goal was when we left niagra falls to end up in Maine to get a Maine lobster but we never made it we were about 30 miles south of the line.
We still had lobster and it was good .

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!