Battle Mountain, NV.
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: rustyneversleeps
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
How does the rack swivel? The curved sides are up when horizontal but face rear when up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtClimber500

MtClimber500

Supporting Member
Nov 21, 2020
Butte, Mt
Ownership

1. 500
Who makes that rack? If you don't mind me asking.
I had to look long and hard to find a rack narrower than 48 or 60 inches so it wouldn't hang outside of the wheelbase. I think this is the only one. Is 30 X 19 inches wide but works great. You can throw a deer on it. I added a 90 degree extension so I could mount it upright when not in use. Just pull the 5/8 pin and mount it straight. I bought it from " Hornet Outdoors" at shophornetoutdoors.com. Part number U-6000-B2.

Reactions: futzin
MtClimber500

MtClimber500

Supporting Member
Nov 21, 2020
Butte, Mt
Ownership

1. 500
How does the rack swivel? The curved sides are up when horizontal but face rear when up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I added a short 90 degree extension to the hitch. Keeps it close to the bumper when folded up. Just pull the 5/8 pin and mount it straight. Also allows me to turn it around when up. I tried a folding 2 inch extension but that made the rack stick out too far to the back for me. It is 30X19 inches but is plenty big and you can throw a deer or gear on it. Bought it from " Hornet Outdoors" part number U-6000-B2.

C

Chuckerbird

Lifetime Member
May 26, 2017
Battle Mountain, NV.
Ownership

1. 500
I had to look long and hard to find a rack narrower than 48 or 60 inches so it wouldn't hang outside of the wheelbase. I think this is the only one. Is 30 X 19 inches wide but works great. You can throw a deer on it. I added a 90 degree extension so I could mount it upright when not in use. Just pull the 5/8 pin and mount it straight. I bought it from " Hornet Outdoors" at shophornetoutdoors.com. Part number U-6000-B2.
Thanks a lot. Appreciate the help.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!